Windows 10: Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues

Discus and support Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Would anyone know what might be causing "unknown" and non present devices? The devices continually reinstall themselves, even after being uninstalled?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Geosammy, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Geosammy Win User

Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues

Would anyone know what might be causing "unknown" and non present devices? The devices continually reinstall themselves, even after being uninstalled?
    Below is a small snapshot of the Device Manager.

Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues [​IMG]

I only have a keyboard, mouse and external drive in use.
    nothing more is connected via USB.
    Yet those three unknown devices keep showing up?

Any questions or suggestions, about this would be great.

:)

Geosammy, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Dice Vil Win User

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Unknown USB Device

Thanks for the response but there was not a problem. It was because of me being stupid. I had too much clutter around my PC and I had connected my external drive and thought It was my external storage device. I found out that my some USB connections did
    not work on my old laptop. That is why I received the "Unknown device message." Sorry and thank you for the quick response.

richardsantucci, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unknown USB device

Hi Ali,

To better assist you, kindly provide some more information regarding the issue:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for any updates regarding this matter.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues - Similar Threads - Unknown nonexistent USB

2. unknown usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown usb device: unknown usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-usb-device/98b3560d-7dd4-4b49-9156-f074adc42492
  3. February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead): February Update seems to have completely messed up my computer (2022H2). USB ports area dead and update installed drivers for unknown devices: - TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor (WBF advanced mode) - Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor - System Interface...
  4. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device: okay I am really frustrated I have tried everything on the internet said to do but it didn't work!! I am getting the error Unknown USB Device I don't know what to do next!! Help please!...
  5. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device: okay I am really frustrated I have tried everything on the internet said to do but it didn't work!! I am getting the error Unknown USB Device I don't know what to do next!! Help please!...
  6. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  7. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  8. Unknown Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Issue: Whenever my laptop's 'r' key, my laptop shuts down and comes back online. Sometimes this key can be used and nothing happens, other times when the key is used it the same issue comes back. In order to bypass using the key I have been copying the key and pasting it. This is...
  9. Unknown USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB device: For a couple of months my usb port has been acting weird. So i bought a new mouse. However it did not work. Multiple mouses have not worked on my laptop but strangely an apple mouse works. Is there a fix to this issue?...
  10. Unknown issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown issue.: For every .exe filei run windows defender shows me a message saying,"unauthorized changes were blocked". whats the reason behind this and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unknown-issue/71cd33f2-6527-4393-ae50-dfe4f7b2960a"