Windows 10: Unknown Other User account named guardian

Discus and support Unknown Other User account named guardian in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every so often I'll go into my windows 10 settings and go to Accounts and I'll find an account named guardian under Other Users. I haven't set this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisSchlink, May 13, 2020.

1. Unknown Other User account named guardian

Every so often I'll go into my windows 10 settings and go to Accounts and I'll find an account named guardian under Other Users. I haven't set this account up and I don't know what it is. The weird thing is I delete the account and remove the data, but the account shows up again when I check a couple weeks later. Any idea what's going on?

:)

ChrisSchlink, May 13, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Unknown user

<Okänd kontakt> is just Swedish for <Unknown contact>

When an unknown account is listed in permissions it's usually due to the file or folder having had permissions for a user account on this PC that has since been deleted. Or, if the drive is an external drive that is used by several machines, an account that exists on another PC.

Either way, as the unknown user doesn't exist on this PC then having it listed in permissions doesn't grant access to any account that actually exists.

3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, May 13, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Unknown Other User account named guardian

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Unknown Other User account named guardian

1. Unknown Other User account named guardian - Similar Threads - Unknown User account

2. Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names: Account UnknownS-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Does anyone know how to remove this account in group or user names? How this happened was I tried to give my pc user full control, and I hit the checkmark, for...
  3. Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names: Account UnknownS-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Does anyone know how to remove this account in group or user names? How this happened was I tried to give my pc user full control, and I hit the checkmark, for...
  4. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  5. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  6. No admin account on tablet, unknown "Other user" only account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin account on tablet, unknown "Other user" only account: I have a Windows tablet and it was powered down during a reset. There are no administrator accounts on it and the only account is "Other user", which I can't log into because I don't know what the password is. Can't bring up command prompt or anything requiring admin...
  7. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  8. Account name user name

Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  9. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...
  10. Strange & Unknown User Name

Strange & Unknown User Name: When I start up the computer, I get presented with this message "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." Below that is an "OK" button. The user name displayed is "morga" -- my last name is "morgan". So when I click "OK" it clears off the message, and I get a...