Windows 10: Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

Discus and support Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my account. My user account name is Mark. In the left lower corner it shows 3 possible users. Two uses are called Mark. the one with the logo is the correct one. The other is a Macrium account Macrium support set u p because I was having issues with the back up. I have no idea where the other user Mark (without a logo) came from.

So as I said, when Windows starts, it tries to log into the account called Mark without the logo. I have to click on the account Mark with the logo, enter my password and then Windows starts normally. Here is a picture of my start up screen so you can see what it is doing.

Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen [​IMG]

I don't find this user user account without the logo in the Users settings. I wold like for Windows to open directly to the correct account but have no idea how to get that to happen.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Feb 7, 2019
  2. briang99 Win User

Unknown user account at windows 10 login screen

I have the same issue but I have 11 users and now on the log in screen I have 11 user names and 11 of the "password" with the "key" next to them. So, that's 22 logins on the lock screen. The "password" logins are actually the users. I am trying to get rid
    of the "password" tabs so only my user names show on the login screen. I checked for the registry folder you mentioned and it is not in the list.

Any other suggestions?

briang99, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Unknown second user account

I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours.

I also get a pop up from Tweakbit which wants me to use it to clean up my computer. I'm ignoring that.

I subscribe to Eset and have scanned my laptop several timesusing the Eset scan and have come out with a completely clean bill of health.

Any suggestions of how to rid myself completely of this unknown second account user?

CHARLES FARR, Feb 7, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

1. Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen - Similar Threads - Unknown Primary User

2. Primary User Account - Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary User Account - Name: I have just bought a new PC with Windows 10. The primary user account is called 'Adrian' which appears on the welcome login screen. However in the C drive under 'Users' the folder with My Documents is called 'mail'. How can I change that?...
  3. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  4. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...
  5. Unknown User

Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404
  6. unknown user

unknown user: My daughter just tried to turn on her computer, she got a strange user name asking for password. The user name is jamey jamme ,, whats going on . if a password is enterd it says to go to account.live.com. but cant pas log in screen.. abd cant do it anyway because we dont have...
  7. email address shows on log in screen

email address shows on log in screen: Jut had a Windows update (Sept 17 2016) and now on the log in screen it shows my preferred picture and beneath it my email address (Microsoft account). It did not do this before. How can I revert back to picture only. Win 10 Home Edition (upgraded from Win7 last year)...
  8. Unknown User

Unknown User: Hi, I having errors in Event Viewer related to DCOM regarding permissions. I have been trying to find those APPID in Regestry and changing Ownership, and giving "Full Rights" to Administrator. On that Permissions Screen there is a Unknown User {1-xxxxx}. I think this...
  9. 50sec until Log-on Screen shows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    50sec until Log-on Screen shows: In a Restart, PC needs 50sec until Log-On Screen shows. Is there a way to find out what is making this? Is there a sort of Trace with load Times to see that? My HDD is able to read 40MB/s sustained speed, that will mean that Windows is reading at least 2GB of Data! That...
  10. Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing.: my log in screen suddenly disappeared. and i am stuck in log in screen. i cannot longer open my PC because log in screen won't show nor the users and password prompt. its just dimming in black. [img] After i press enter or click or other keys its just dimming in black...