Windows 10: Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

Discus and support Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my account. My user account name is Mark. In the left lower corner it shows 3 possible users. Two uses are called Mark. the one with the logo is the correct one. The other is a Macrium account Macrium support set u p because I was having issues with the back up. I have no idea where the other user Mark (without a logo) came from.

So as I said, when Windows starts, it tries to log into the account called Mark without the logo. I have to click on the account Mark with the logo, enter my password and then Windows starts normally. Here is a picture of my start up screen so you can see what it is doing.

Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen [​IMG]

I don't find this user user account without the logo in the Users settings. I wold like for Windows to open directly to the correct account but have no idea how to get that to happen.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Feb 7, 2019
  2. briang99 Win User

Unknown user account at windows 10 login screen

I have the same issue but I have 11 users and now on the log in screen I have 11 user names and 11 of the "password" with the "key" next to them. So, that's 22 logins on the lock screen. The "password" logins are actually the users. I am trying to get rid
    of the "password" tabs so only my user names show on the login screen. I checked for the registry folder you mentioned and it is not in the list.

Any other suggestions?

briang99, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Unknown second user account

I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours.

I also get a pop up from Tweakbit which wants me to use it to clean up my computer. I'm ignoring that.

I subscribe to Eset and have scanned my laptop several timesusing the Eset scan and have come out with a completely clean bill of health.

Any suggestions of how to rid myself completely of this unknown second account user?

CHARLES FARR, Feb 7, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen

1. Unknown Primary User Shows on Log in Screen - Similar Threads - Unknown Primary User

2. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  3. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  4. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  5. Unknown user on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unknown user on login screen: I've just installed Windows 10 pro on a self build computer. My login screen shows 4 users which I will call Bill, Ben, Little Weed and Richard. Local users in computer management shows the following accounts; Bill, Ben, Little Weed, Administrator, default account, guest and...
  6. Mouse is not showing on primary screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse is not showing on primary screen: So I don't know if this is an issue with windows 10 but it probrably is. When my mouse is on my second screen it is fine but when I move it over to the primary screen it goes invisible (I can still select things) when I use a something like crunchyroll on my primary screen...
  7. Unknown user added to sign in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user added to sign in screen: Yesterday, upon re-starting my computer after a windows software update, I noticed that there was a new user on my sign in screen. I clicked on it and it "set up" account, prior to me logging out and signing in to my own admin account. I tried deleting the new user through...
  8. File Explorer shows Unknown User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    File Explorer shows Unknown User Accounts: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1909 build 18363.657 OS which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 on 20th Aug 2019 and had updates and upgrades so it is up-to-date: - When I look at the "C:\Users" folder I see the following users which are not in use on my PC. Also see picture: - [img]...
  9. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown user: I want to share a folder to other LAN-computers. Have Windows10 Home with all updates. When checking the users for that shared folder I discovered an unknown user ... how do I remove this guy? 147606
  10. Unknown User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404