Windows 10: Unknown Printer on Network

Discus and support Unknown Printer on Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 on home network after scanning network an unknown printer appears at random. Dont know who or what area it is from and only information is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PrestonAyers, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Unknown Printer on Network

Windows 10 on home network after scanning network an unknown printer appears at random.

Dont know who or what area it is from and only information is a network properties with only a MAC address

How does this matter and is my network secure with network discovery

Does the user of the printer know what they are doing

:)

PrestonAyers, Jan 10, 2021

2. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Unknown Printer on Network

Unknown "Printer" on Network

Hi there,

I have an unknown printer showing up on my Windows Network.

It could easily be my neighbour's since I'm on an apartment building.

It's described in detail manufacturer model and all ie EPSON whatever...

I can't install it as a device or connect to it but I can see it's MAC address. Believe me I would print a test page on it Unknown Printer on Network :)

I find it quite annoying and have no solution for blocking it from showing up my Network window.

The router does not detect it and I connect using Wi-fi.

Only Windows lists the device.

I just wanted to ask if there's any way of blocking any device from showing on my Windows network by having it's MAC address?

J.C.Coelho, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Unknown Printer on Network

1. Unknown Printer on Network - Similar Threads - Unknown Printer Network

2. unknown network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  3. unknown network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  4. unknown network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network

Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network: Hi ! I keep getting an unknown printer showing up when I go to add a printer. Does this indicate a breach of network security ? It seems to me it does because it sure is NOT my printer ! Cannot remove printer either... Ideas for how do I resolve ( yes rebooted ) ? Running...
  6. Unknown printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown printer: Hello, I have a computer with windows 10 pro recently upgraded for windows 7 pro when I had windows 7 everything was fine after upgrading I am seeing 2 unknown printer I don't know screenshot is below: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I only have an Ethernet cable so there is no way...
  7. UNKNOWN NETWORK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNKNOWN NETWORK: unable to stat Bits servive. Attacked and appears ahcker AS A PUBLIC PROPFILE AN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-network/659a3491-43d2-4535-af87-25cc05b43640
  8. Unknown Network

Unknown Network: I continue to get the "Unknown Network" when trying to set up my Ethernet controller. I am using my WiFi to access the internet but the direct connection through the hard cable is a lot faster when it's working. I have disabled it. I have removed it. Cleared the IPv4 and...
  9. DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network

DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network: Hi, I've been struggling for months with this problem. My laptop won't connect to some networks. Usually there are networks like that on my university or other shared networks. The problem I get is that it doesn't recognize the DNS server. Usually it is solved...
  10. Unknown Network Error

Unknown Network Error: Hi, For the last couple of weeks I've been having major issues w/my internet. Whenever I try to download something, no matter how small the file is I keep getting this "Unknown Network Error" I have tried the things I've seen online. Tried clearing cookies & site data,...