Windows 10: Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon?

Discus and support Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, For some time, there is a process or app that is periodically (once in 1-3hrs) appearing in the tray. When it does, it minimizes all running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baxik, Mar 29, 2021.

1. baxik Win User

Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon?

Hi guys,

For some time, there is a process or app that is periodically (once in 1-3hrs) appearing in the tray.
    When it does, it minimizes all running apps to tray regardless of the app type,
    It always blinks there for a second or so and than disappears.

Not sure what it is, but it is annoying.

I checked my my processes and there is nothing unusual I would not know. Same for the apps. There is nothing by that icon in the system task bar. Since there is nothing surprising in the processes, it might be some kind of a driver component or utility. (i suspect Logitech, but don't know for sure)

Also I tried to google by image, but got no hits.
    I finally managed to make a screenshot of the app in tray it looks like this.

Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon? [​IMG]

btw. I am on W10 Pro v20h2, build 19042.867.

Any ideas what it is?

:)

baxik, Mar 29, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10

Hi Katrina,

The system icon may have encountered a corruption that caused this issue. For us to help you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you please tell us some troubleshooting steps that you've performed while fixing the blue screen issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the registry or bios?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to restart the Windows Explorer process to refresh the taskbar icons. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for the Windows Explorer process and select it.
    • Click the Restart button at the bottom right corner of the Task Manager window.
    • After the Windows Explorer process has been restarted, check the notification area on the taskbar and see if the battery icon is visible.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon?

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon? [​IMG]

putermaker, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon?

1. Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon? - Similar Threads - Unknown Process App

2. Unknown apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown apps: I'm setting up my new laptop and found this app which i can't understand the name of it and can't edit. What is this app? Should I do anything about it? Thank you.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-apps/c724953e-85ec-45c7-bb3e-0564c08e8621
  3. Unknown PC Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown PC Icon: [ATTACH] I know this is odd, but does anyone know what this PC icon is? https://preview.redd.it/pwv79uoltqa51.png?width=43&format=png&auto=webp&s=dfa70c1a94aa08f20c6d7dc1d880185f790c6b7f submitted by /u/Weak_Porpoise_12 [link] [comments]...
  4. Unknown process

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown process: Anyone have any ideas Hp shutdown proc 148739
  5. path not available / unknown process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    path not available / unknown process: each time I start the notebook, after a few minutes, an error message appears saying that E:\ is not available, but in fact E:\ drive doesn't exist. I don't now wich process tries to access to this folder. I mapped an E:\ disk and the message moved to F:\ is not available......
  6. unknown error during booting process

in Windows 10 Support
    unknown error during booting process: Suddenly, after working for many years without problems, during booting a Bios window appears with: please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. Press F1 to run Setup. Pressing F1 brings you in the Bios. After not changing anything, booting continues without problems....
  7. Unknown App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown App: I have an app installed on my computer, I'm not sure what it is and it won't allow me to delete it. Since it showed up I've started to have a virus on my computer. The app is 6b264507-ba91-4d85-86c9-1e827315cbe0. And the message just says it can't find the app to delete...
  8. Finding unknown crashing process or program

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding unknown crashing process or program: Hi This afternoon (Sunday 26th Aug) I've started getting a Crash Log message appear on my PC with the following message: Crash Logs The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information about this to the developer? It then gives me the...
  9. unknown icon in this pc

in Windows 10 Support
    unknown icon in this pc: good day to all, I updated to 1803 this morning. in this pc I have a new icon that was not there before the update. [img] it's the first icon in devices and drives. right click it and I get cut/createshortcut/delete. double click it and nothing happens. delete it and it...
  10. cmd.exe running unknown process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cmd.exe running unknown process: cmd.exe keeps popping up and is trying to run a file located in a subfolder \jutrvcve\becwerea.exe. does anyone know what this file is associated with and how can i stop it from popping up. The folder is there but the .exe has been deleted and is not in the folder and cmd.exe...