Windows 10: Unknown process found while malware hunting

Discus and support Unknown process found while malware hunting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My desktop refused to shut off or restart from the start menu. I believe I have resolved that issue potential malware on an external drive but in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeonSkyfire, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Unknown process found while malware hunting

My desktop refused to shut off or restart from the start menu. I believe I have resolved that issue potential malware on an external drive but in the process I uncovered a background process that I am somewhat suspicious of. It has the Microsoft logo and the name is "Work or school account" with that exact casing. Sometimes it lingers, sometimes it dies on it's own in a few seconds. I can kill the process but it won't let me see the source or any properties of it. It seems to appear if I try to use Cortana or the search bar. I have no recollection of setting up any sort of separate MS accounts for any of my machines. All malware and virus scans I run come up clean. Same process appears on my laptop. Both machines are running Windows 10. I should mention that the potentially infected drive hasn't been plugged into the laptop within the last few months. The laptop is connected to the internet and the desktop is quarantined off-network , but the process seems to behave the same on both machines. Is this a legit process?

:)

NeonSkyfire, Apr 27, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 23, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, May 23, 2020
  4. Unknown process found while malware hunting

Websock.exe-System error please see attached files.

Hi,

Websock.exe is a possible malware or virus on your computer. Since it's not part of Windows, we suggest removing it from your computer. Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Websock.exe end process

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Under the Processes tab, locate Websock.exe.
    • Click on suspicious or unknown process related with Websock.exe, then right-click and select End Process.
    Step 2: Uninstall Websock.exe from Control Panel.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Select Uninstall a program.
    • Right-click Websock.exe or any related unknown program, then click
      Uninstall.
    Note: It's also best to perform a security scan on your computer using your antivirus program.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Unknown process found while malware hunting

1. Unknown process found while malware hunting - Similar Threads - Unknown process found

2. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  3. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  4. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown threat found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown threat found: Hi everyone. I would very much appreciate it if you can help me. I use Bitdefender free edition as my antivirus and it has found a strange file on my pc and I cannot find anything about it on google. It’s name is pylaspcclife.exe and it’s path is C:\Windows...
  6. Sound Malware Found, but not found???

Sound Malware Found, but not found???: I'm not sure if this has been answered already,but I think I may have contracted a virus on my laptop. Every couple minutes, I'll get a sound Ad and temp files randomly appear in my temp folder with only one file called "Hulled" in it. I'm just confused on what it may be and...
  7. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?: I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and...
  8. Malware - Unknown

Malware - Unknown: I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup. [ATTACH] I've run Defender: Nothing detected. I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected. Please advise. Thank you....
  9. Unknown and mysterious files found while exploring hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown and mysterious files found while exploring hard drive: Hi there, I wasn't sure where to post this so I just posted it here. So a little while ago I was browsing my hard drive looking for stuff to get rid of when I came across four surface-level files by the names of "82aatransfers134", "82abtransfer188", "Xselect95", and...
  10. Unknown process

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown process: Anyone have any ideas Hp shutdown proc 148739