Windows 10: Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it.

Discus and support Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Not a clue what it is. I thought it might be the Google Sync app but I've checked and I don't have it installed. 169881 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ANormalClown, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it.

Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it. [​IMG]

Not a clue what it is. I thought it might be the Google Sync app but I've checked and I don't have it installed.

:)

ANormalClown, Dec 6, 2020
  2. SongFan Win User

Tray Icon does not disappear when the program is closed or killing process

Hello,Anna,

Thank you for your quick reply!

I just tried your way. forcefully terminated Teams by the task manager,confirming no Teams in the process and the Teams icon exists in the task tray. I waited for about 5 or 10 minutes. Unfortunately, The icon has not disappeared.

In order to verify objectively, I started Teams again and terminated Teams according to the above method. At this time, the remaining Teams icons in the task tray became two. Of course, in the same way, the icon will disappear after being touched by the
    mouse. And the sample program I designed also has same problem.

Little Guess:If an application is forcefully terminated (e.g. through Task Manager), then Windows does not remove the notification icon. Windows Explorer doesn't even notice that the application has gone away until it attempts to send a message (usually
    a mouse movement message) to the window that owns the notification icon. At that point, Windows will remove the now dead icon from the notification area.

Given that you can't intercept Terminate Process, there's nothing that your program can do about this by itself.

I guess that Windows Explorer could watch for the owner window being destroyed (as when the application quits unexpectedly), but it does not.

Due to some restrictions, i have to make it disappear by code.and now I am trying to check whether it can be solved by checking the task tray after the app is reloaded and refreshing task tray in other ways (virtual mouse signal, etc.). for example, Teams
    has an abnormal termination by any crashes cause. At this time, there will be residual icons in the task tray. After reloading (restart?), check task tray to send a virtual mouse signal to the OS and refresh the tray to clear the residual program icons. So
    I am confused about how to write code. :(

This is my thoughts, because I am just starting to learn programming, some places may be unexpected or some deviations in my thoughts, please correct me if I make mistakes.
    If you have any good suggestions or other advice, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bother to share your knowledge with me.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely yours,
    Song Fan

SongFan, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Mouse cursor disappeared

Hello Ruby,

This issue may arise due to an outdated mouse driver or conflicting programs. To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Ashish Sondhi on this thread link.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it.

mouse pointer disappears

Hi,

There are different reasons why your mouse pointer disappears. For us to properly isolate the issue, we need the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

In the meantime, we recommend you to perform the basic troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Unplug and plug your mouse from your device.
    • Try to use another mouse and check if the same issue occurs.
    • Update your mouse drivers. To know more information about updating drivers in Windows 10, click this
      link.

Gerdimae Sal, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it.

1. Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it. - Similar Threads - Unknown program notifcation

2. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  3. New unknown item in tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    New unknown item in tray: I found this running today 5-1-21 and it is not listed in installed programs and apps, and it is not listed in task manager. It is not listed in startup nor task manager. There is nothing in the settings that allows me to stop it from running.I want to get rid of it....
  4. Mouse over tray icons causes explorer restart

Mouse over tray icons causes explorer restart: Windows 10, upgraded from 7, the problem existed on 7 also. I can safely put my mouse over the ^ that opens the panel of hidden icons and can interact with them normally, but letting the mouse over any icon to the right of that and to the left of the language selector may...
  5. Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in notifcation tray, disappears when I mouse over it.: [img] Not a clue what it is. I thought it might be the Google Sync app but I've checked and I don't have it installed. 169881
  6. Tabs disappear when i hover over them

Tabs disappear when i hover over them: When i move my mouse or use the touchpad and move the cursor over a window like powerpoint it immideatly shrinks. To work around this i have to make sure that only the application i want to use is open and i cant have multiple ones open at the same time. How do i fix this?...
  7. Mouse hovering over other programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programs: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  8. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  9. Active program window 'disappears' when mouse is clicked....

Active program window 'disappears' when mouse is clicked....: Hello everyone, I have been asked by a colleague to look at a rather strange issue with her PC terminal, where the active window will disappear behind other open windows when the mouse is clicked. For instance, if several windows are open such as Chrome, outlook & file...
  10. systray hidden icons disappear when moused over

in Windows 10 Support
    systray hidden icons disappear when moused over: when rebooted this issue does not happen. After some time, if I open the hidden systray menu, most of them will disappear as I mouse over them. I do not know if it is triggered by opening a program, a background program, time, or whatever. any clues will be helpful. 40820