Windows 10: Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

Discus and support Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paliser326, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just curious as to what I can do to remove this program. Thanks for any info I can get on this.

Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs [​IMG]

:)

Paliser326, Mar 21, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Unknown Program in Task Manager - > Startup

Hi, it may or may not continue to exist after you have uninstalled another application. It is a ghost left over from a previous uninstall, if you uninstall another application in the future, it may sort out this error in the list, it may not

As long as you have disabled it ,there should be no issue, other than it still appearing in the list of Startup apps, thanks for keeping us posted

DaveM121, Mar 21, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unknown Program in Task Manager - > Startup

Yes I have seen this before on some systems I have worked on, what causes it, I don't know, but I just disabled it and there was no adverse side effects . . . simply select it and click disable.

DaveM121, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

When you click on Enabled, you will probably get the error message.
    In that case, the exe is most likely deleted and this is just a leftover.

TairikuOkami, Mar 21, 2016
  5. Hi everyone, thanks for your help. I guess maybe I sent rather a confusing image as I was really talking about the startup item called 'Program' outlined in dark blue at the bottom of the image. Sorry for any confusion that I may have caused. Would like to get rid of this entry in start up.

Thanks also for the information about Flexera common software manager, it was another program I wanted to get rid of as I believe it was from Paint Shop Pro from Jasc but it doesn't appear anywhere when you try to uninstall it.

Paliser326, Mar 21, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    From task manager, right click on the title and select command line. The path of "Program" is probably set incorrectly in the registry.
    To remove from startup. Download: WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup
    Unzip and run, high lite the item then delete the selected item.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

1. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs - Similar Threads - Unknown program Task

2. Unknown Programs in Windows Setting but not in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown Programs in Windows Setting but not in Task Manager: Hello, A few days ago, I discovered a line in the Windows Settings->Startup Apps page for a program that doesn't seem to show up anywhere else, like in Task Manager or Autoruns. The item disappears from the screen with each refresh and usually reappears an hour or two later....
  3. Program called "Program" in Task manager startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program called "Program" in Task manager startup: [IMG] It seems to be a webcompanion file but I already deleted webcompanion. Is this a bug or a virus of some sort? How do I remove It? https://preview.redd.it/82yy4oc4ovn61.png?width=1172&format=png&auto=webp&s=68360225e8910df543757e443f0fd3e0c4a64bb0 submitted by...
  4. Unknown Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Startup Program: I separated from an abusive partner against whom I have a restraining order. While we were together, he surveilled me and I am concerned that his has continued into the present. I am trying to look through my phone and computer for unknown and hidden programs. There is a...
  5. Unspecified Program in Startup Apps and in Task Manager/Startup

Unspecified Program in Startup Apps and in Task Manager/Startup: An unspecified program named "Program" resides in Startup Apps and in Task Manager's Startup app. The command line as seen in Task Manager is "C:\Program" Files\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=PROPLUS. Startup type is Registry. Teams.exe does indeed...
  6. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  7. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  8. Unknown startup program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown startup program: I found a startup program named 1M3bia does anyone know what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-startup-program/097de273-c656-41b9-a91f-d46cd8976fc5"
  9. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!: Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks before and am unable to find any information regarding them only and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they...
  10. Unknown programs with name program at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown programs with name program at Startup: Hi, my question is about two programs in the startup with name program, and i don't know wich program belongs, and if can disable it, I attach a picture of it [img] 18921

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

2. program named program in windows 10 startup

3. how to identify unknown startup programs in taskmanager

4. windows 10 after startup unknown program,
  5. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup