Windows 10: Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.

Discus and support Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep having this issue every morning when I get on my computer. The open with program dialogue will be open asking what I would like to open *File*... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xearo167, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Xearo167 Win User

Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.

I keep having this issue every morning when I get on my computer.

The open with program dialogue will be open asking what I would like to open *File* with.

Said file is unknown *I did not open anything as I was away from the computer*

My instinct tells me to click notepad *As I do for all odd files* and notepad says file (Program.txt) could not be found.

this is every day when i get on my computer in the morning. (I don't turn my computer off nor do I use standby)

I have restarted and cleared all cache's and even checked logs (Nothing shows up)

As I am typing this i only have 44 processes running which some of them are in a suspended state *Windows universal applications and other things i have always open besides the normal background processes that the system requires for normal operation.

No services have been modified nor have I used any **Tweaking apps**

all settings are pretty much default aside from my page file

having it split between the c drive at 2 gigs and my H drive at 8 gigs

the only thing really changed is the environment variables

with the temp and tmp locations redirected to my D drive for both my

account and the system

I did notice a system task i have not seen before located in the regular library

(CreateExplorerShellUnelevatedTask) trigger at task creation or moddification

with the action of C:\Windows\Explorer.exe /NOUACCHECK

system specs if needed are

Acer Aspire TC-780 (KBL) (U3E1)

Intel Core I7-7700 (Non K) @ 3.6Ghz

16 gigabytes of Kingston ACR24D4U7S8MB-8 (Dual channel) @ 1200 Mhz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti (EVGA)

C: D: E: F: are on 3 Tb WDC WD30EZRX-00SPEB0

H: is on Samsung HD103UI

Generic keyboard and mouse

Cannon TS3100 Series Printer (Wirelessly connected)

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Intel Dual band Wireless-AC 3168 (Wifi and Bluetooth)

** List of installed applications**

*7-zip

Ccleaner *Used for clearing caches not the registry*

ccenhancer 4.5.4 *Used to ccleaner to add more program caches to ccleaner*

Core Temp 1.15.1

ImgBurn

Microsoft Edge Dev

Microsoft OneDrive

Microsoft Visual C++ 08 redist (X86 and x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 10 redist (x86 and x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 13 redist (x86 and x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 15-19 redist (x86 and x64)

MSI afterburner 4.6.1

MSI Kombuster 4.0.1.0 (64 bit)

My Defrag v 4.6.1 (used on the game drive and storage drive)

Nvidia Graphics driver 388.13 (There is issues with the newest version bricking certain games)

Origin (Ea games client)

Process Hacker (For when shtf)

Rainmeter (I like my widgets)

Speedfan (This acer pc is loud without it)

Steam

and all the games which I will not list as it would make this too long

which have all been installed from either steam and or origin.

*Windows 10 Home Build 18362.19h1_rel. 190318-1202*

:)

Xearo167, Oct 9, 2019
  2. happy Win User

Are There Any Free Programs That Open .EPUB Files On PC (Windows Vista)

Are there any free programs that open .epub files? I tried googling for some free software but can't seem to find any that actually opens .epub files. Do you guys have any knowledge of a program that exist?

Thanks

happy, Oct 9, 2019
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Program to open non MS standard CAB files?

There is a list of programs at the bottom that you might want to try.

dark2099, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.

Programs freeze on file dialogues [Win10]

I recently installed windows 10 on a custom built machine (I can provide specs if required), from Windows 8.1, which I've been running for around one year now. While I do love the interface and multi-tasking, a major issue I've since encountered is file
    dialogues will freeze most programs, not all, but most. What I mean by this (I used the term "file dialogue" as I use visual studio as I'm a programmer), is when I go to open/save a file, the program will cease to respond. This even occurs consistently on
    notepad.exe, which is included with windows. Below for some consideration are programs that seem to freeze or not freeze when going to save or open a file;

Freeze

notepad.exe

wordpad.exe

other user-created software (not common software so I won't list all, but one example is PKG ToolKit GUI.exe which is a program for compiling packages for the playstation 3)

Does not freeze

sublime text 3

paint

I don't have too many programs listed as the ones above are what I use the most that require file dialogues. I don't know if this is a problem with my machine, my Win10 installation, or if it's a bug that multiple people are experiencing, but it is a major
    problem. I first encountered this when I wrote out a large block of text on notepad, and when I went to save it the program froze and I lost all my data, which is what I was attempting to prevent (I tried recovering via HxD but to no avail).

Is there a known fix for this issue? Is there anyone that can point me into the right direction on a fix for this problem? Because this is inhibiting my current activities and forces me to use alternative software which isn't always an option with what I
    do.

XatCryptic, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.

1. Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue. - Similar Threads - Unknown program opening

2. Unknown program named "COMPUTER" opens on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown program named "COMPUTER" opens on startup: This program is under my startup tab on task manager. I have run a full scan and a Windows defender offline scan and nothing came up, so just wondering what this is. Nothing appears under files in regedit that I could see being this either....
  3. Unknown program named "COMPUTER" opens on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program named "COMPUTER" opens on startup: This program is under my startup tab on task manager. I have run a full scan and a Windows defender offline scan and nothing came up, so just wondering what this is. Nothing appears under files in regedit that I could see being this either....
  4. Unknown program named "COMPUTER" opens on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. choosing a program to open a program file

in Windows 10 Customization
    choosing a program to open a program file: why can't I drop and drag a program file in windows 10 and it becomes the default program for that program file? I has worked from windows 95.........
  6. File is open in another program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  7. File is open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  8. OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS

OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS: HI THERE,COULD ANYONE HELP I HAVE LOADS OF FILES AND PROGRAMS I NEED DESPERATLY TO USE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO OPEN AS ALWAYS SHOWS ERROR CANT OPEN 'EXE' FIES HOW DO I OPEN THEM WHAT DO I NEED TO GET OR WHAT DO I NEED TO DO PLEASE HELP AND THANKS....
  9. Open file with what program?

Open file with what program?: All my file associations have been set forever. Now, after windows update i keep getting asked what program i want to use to open jpegs, vidoe files, etc. So annoying. I did not change anything Microsoft **** around and the association is still set but you keep asking anyway....
  10. Unknown program file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown program file: Hi, I have found a file amongst my Program Files and I have no idea of what it is. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on a HP Pavillion 500 series PC Model No. 500-081ea. The file is labelled as NzBiOWU5NDYy Does anybody know what it is/does and can I delete it? I have...