Windows 10: unknown program

Discus and support unknown program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; what is SearchResults.exe ? Kaspersky is telling me I have 11 objects which require my decision for deletion. SearchResults.exe is one of them.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rjlewisjr, Feb 13, 2020.

1. rjlewisjr Win User

unknown program

what is SearchResults.exe ? Kaspersky is telling me I have 11 objects which require my decision for deletion. SearchResults.exe is one of them. However, SearchResults.exe is not in Add/Remove Programs, and a search did not bring up the program.

Thanks,

Rudy

:)

rjlewisjr, Feb 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Have a black entry in add and remove programs

Hi,

Try to check the program and features list and see if there is any unknown application then that might be related to that unknown application icon. For opening program and features window you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type appwiz.cpl in the run box.
    • This will open program and features window.
    • Try to search for that application and see if you could uninstall it.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 13, 2020
  4. unknown program

Change file association back to unknown program in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Create a new file with any extension and save it on any location.

2) Next Open Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the default programs icon.

3) Click/tap on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    link.

4) Either double click/tap on the file extension or protocol, or click/tap on the file extension or protocol and click/tap on the
    Change Program button of the one you want to change the "current default' program association of.

5) If the program you want to associate is not listed, then click/tap on the
    More Options
    link if available.

6) Click/tap on a listed program that you want to associate.

7) If you associated a program, then you will see this below as "Set Associations" updates and reloads.

8) Once it is done go back to the file which you have created and delete the file.

9) Go to default programs and refresh the set association programs. It should show as other unknown.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

unknown program

1. unknown program - Similar Threads - unknown program

2. Bad Performance and unknown program pop up Hello,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Performance and unknown program pop up Hello,: Hello, I have an i9 10900K processor with 32 Gb of ram and Rtx2060 but i am with very slow performance issues in windows, when working even my windows explorer crashes, when this happens sometimes a screen pop up apears and disappears, I managed to take a screen shot but dont...
  3. Bad Performance and unknown program pop up Hello,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Performance and unknown program pop up Hello,: Hello, I have an i9 10900K processor with 32 Gb of ram and Rtx2060 but i am with very slow performance issues in windows, when working even my windows explorer crashes, when this happens sometimes a screen pop up apears and disappears, I managed to take a screen shot but dont...
  4. I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?: So, I recently got a new laptop from work and the app has a random program in my startup apps list. The location of the app is in "C:\windows\Installer and the program is called "_39BAD5C1F42D317A6AD828". I'm not sure what this is, and I'm not allowed to make a lot of changes...
  5. I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?

I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?: So, I recently got a new laptop from work and the app has a random program in my startup apps list. The location of the app is in "C:\windows\Installer and the program is called "_39BAD5C1F42D317A6AD828". I'm not sure what this is, and I'm not allowed to make a lot of changes...
  6. Unknown program listed as just a backslash \ in "open with" menu after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown program listed as just a backslash \ in "open with" menu after update: I'm assuming this is a program that isn't there anymore? I have no idea what this is, and if I try to select it to see what it leads to, it just opens the "select an app to open this file" menu again....
  7. Unknown program listed as just a backslash \ in "open with" menu after update

Unknown program listed as just a backslash \ in "open with" menu after update: I'm assuming this is a program that isn't there anymore? I have no idea what this is, and if I try to select it to see what it leads to, it just opens the "select an app to open this file" menu again....
  8. Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7: Hello,Description: Every night when I turn off my computer, an unnamed file prevents my computer from shutting down. I have tried everything I could to find the file. But since it is unnamed, the computer has no idea how to identify it. Note: In case you are wondering, I am...
  9. Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7

Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7: Hello,Description: Every night when I turn off my computer, an unnamed file prevents my computer from shutting down. I have tried everything I could to find the file. But since it is unnamed, the computer has no idea how to identify it. Note: In case you are wondering, I am...
  10. I have an unknown program on my computer

I have an unknown program on my computer: I have had a program called Neptunearts Tacryo/ Fine Mesvia that I have been unable to uninstall or disable. Reserching it has turned up nothing. Should I be concerned?...