Windows 10: Unknown Registry Key

Discus and support Unknown Registry Key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have an up-to-date fully patched Windows 10 Home system and have a query regarding the Registry. Does anyone know what the following Registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Akj, Feb 11, 2020.

1. AKJ
    Akj Win User

Unknown Registry Key

Hi,

I have an up-to-date fully patched Windows 10 Home system and have a query regarding the Registry.

Does anyone know what the following Registry Keys are used for:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SessionInfo\1\Applicat ionViewManagement\W32:00000000000101B4 and up to W32:000000006B2107F4

There are more than 7700 similar value keys and almost all of them have the same value of:-
    '10 00 00 00 30 30 44 56 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00'

The occasional key has data similar to:
    '10 00 00 00 30 30 44 56 53 5A CE 47 19 8C B7 49 AF A0 F6 69 3E 2E BA E8'

Having 'Googled' it to death, I cannot find any reference to these keys?

:)

2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Feb 11, 2020
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Unknown Registry Key

Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Unknown Registry Key

1. Unknown Registry Key - Similar Threads - Unknown Registry Key

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. Weird Registry Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Registry Key: There's a registry key called "tmp_auto_file". I'm unaware if this is a windows registry key, and it's not a product of anything I intentionally installed. I know this because another computer that has all my same apps and games does not have the key at all, and I looked at...
  4. ProtectionPolicy registry key

ProtectionPolicy registry key: Hello ,I wish to know what exactly ProtectionPolicy registry key does and how it effects the integrity of systems on my network.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protectionpolicy-registry-key/187af627-a6ab-413d-bcb5-a7e12a1c954e
  5. unknown registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown registry: hello. i just check my registry and found 3 that i don't remember called "IPS" , "Nahimic" and "Sonicfocus" is that safe or is it a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-registry/b96a8709-886d-4e04-b019-2563c174fab3
  6. unknown registry

unknown registry: hello. i just check my registry and found 3 that i don't remember called "IPS" , "Nahimic" and "Sonicfocus" is that safe or is it a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-registry/b96a8709-886d-4e04-b019-2563c174fab3
  7. Unknown security key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown security key: I recently installed a fresh version of windows from usb but I found out there is a security key that is linked to this device, I don't know how it got there and I have tried both my usbs and neither of them are accepted, I don't need the security key and I did not set it up,...
  8. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  9. Unknown Error - "Invalid value for registry"

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Error - "Invalid value for registry": Hi my name is Wimbre, new to the forum. I'm retired with some IT background, but I am stumped with the current problem. When copy of .jpg file from MS OneDrive folder (Win 10.0.18362 64bit) on desktop, to flash drive and inserting same into Surface (Win 10 Pro) copy to...
  10. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822