Windows 10: Unknown SID

Discus and support Unknown SID in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidH_2, May 13, 2020.

1. DavidH_2 Win User

Unknown SID

I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro.

It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-.....

I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help.

Unknown SID a90c0cb6-c948-4acd-8b29-678cc5fabaed?upload=true.png

:)

DavidH_2, May 13, 2020
  2. Devon68 Win User

Current Sales, Bundles, Giveaways

The new humble bundle seems pretty good:
    Humble Bundle

Pay $1
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    • Sid Meier’s Pirates!
    • Ace Patrol BUndle
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization III Complete
    Beat the Average - $9.85
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization V
    • Sid Meier’s Starships
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack
    • XCOM: Enemy Within
    • 10% off Humble Monthly Bundle
    • More games to come
    Pay $15
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack
    • 33% off coupon for Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC

Devon68, May 13, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Mystery SID. Help plz.

Open Command Prompt or PowerShell, enter command wmic useraccount get name,sid. This gives you a detailed list showing which SID belongs to which user account.

4. Pirx Win User

Unknown SID

The mysterious unknown account: Threat or harmless bug?

Well, this one may be different. Notice that this particular SID is not a user account SID, it's what is called an "application SID" in order to specify permissions for application containers. Windows 10 is using these all over the place, which can complicate things considerably. The fact that this is listed as an "Account Unknown" does not necessarily mean that it's not needed. As a matter of fact, in the case of the SID above I have seen reports of people having deleted the SID from permissions, only to end up with a broken system (Edge crashing on launch, etc., etc.) Fixing such a system is possible, but not straightforward, and will require some PowerShell wizardry...

Thema:

Unknown SID

1. Unknown SID - Similar Threads - Unknown SID

2. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  3. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  4. msodge.exe-Application Errot X The exception unknown software exception 0x0000008...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msodge.exe-Application Errot X The exception unknown software exception 0x0000008...: msodge.exe-Application ErrotXThe exception unknown software exception 0x0000008 occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFFA10153ACFew days back I upgraded to windows 11 but rolled back after 5 days now I'm getting this error...
  5. msodge.exe-Application Errot X The exception unknown software exception 0x0000008...

msodge.exe-Application Errot X The exception unknown software exception 0x0000008...: msodge.exe-Application ErrotXThe exception unknown software exception 0x0000008 occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFFA10153ACFew days back I upgraded to windows 11 but rolled back after 5 days now I'm getting this error...
  6. msodge.exe-Application Errot X The exception unknown software exception 0x0000008...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unknown cause for repeated bsod

Unknown cause for repeated bsod: Was playing roblox and have had repeated bsod with the bugcheck x133 dpc watchdog violation. I have two minidump files but I don't know how to attach them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-cause-for-repeated-bsod/5523de0a-c87c-47ed-90e6-ff88e3591b43
  8. Unknown cause for repeated bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown cause for repeated bsod: Was playing roblox and have had repeated bsod with the bugcheck x133 dpc watchdog violation. I have two minidump files but I don't know how to attach them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-cause-for-repeated-bsod/5523de0a-c87c-47ed-90e6-ff88e3591b43
  9. How can I remove persisting 'Acccount Unknown' SIDs in security permissions from all...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove persisting 'Acccount Unknown' SIDs in security permissions from all...: Hello, I had an issue with my main user account a while ago where the NTUSER.DAT file got corrupted somehow. The recommended fix was to create an entirely new user account and transfer everything, then delete the original using the built-in settings options. However, this...
  10. "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security: There are a lot of occurrences out there for the is problem on the web looking for a fix! Trying to remove these "Unknown Accounts" produces erroer codes, one of which, is telling us the removal needs to be done at the parent directory. Nothing I read had an effective way...