Windows 10: Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

Discus and support Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChetanVerma, May 23, 2021.

1. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and sometimes become available to press.But when

:)

ChetanVerma, May 23, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

1. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware? - Similar Threads - Unknown Software ransomware

2. Unknown Software Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Software Exception: unknown software exception 0xe0434352 occurred in the application at location 0x0000FFCAE54CD29.This is all I know. It seems like it’s tied to an application error. The sfc scan looks like it deleted OneDrive from the pc....
  3. ransomware and malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ransomware and malware: It appears that settings are being change without my consent and I am seeing movement of the cursor without me moving it/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-and-malware/48af74f2-746b-4802-bb1e-296030811dea
  4. ransomware and malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ransomware and malware: It appears that settings are being change without my consent and I am seeing movement of the cursor without me moving it/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-and-malware/48af74f2-746b-4802-bb1e-296030811dea
  5. ransomware and malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Malware - Unknown

Malware - Unknown: I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup. [ATTACH] I've run Defender: Nothing detected. I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected. Please advise. Thank you....
  7. Security Malware Unknown source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security Malware Unknown source: While i was looking at my privacy settings i noticed that under some of the Microsoft Icons such as Office and Windows that instead of Microsoft Corp being listed under their Icon UNKNOWN was listed instead. This happened not long after i connected my iCLOUD account to my...
  8. Affected by a malware/ ransomware .mado

Affected by a malware/ ransomware .mado: As my brother’s pc is infected by a malware or ransomware which has created an extension .mado after all the files i’m talking 5TB files which is my brothers work from past 12 years now its of mo use untill unless someone finds a solution to it, as i was going trough some...
  9. Malware, Ransomware, Bit-locker Security.

Malware, Ransomware, Bit-locker Security.: Hi. I recently lost 100,000 personal pictures and a lot of music I wrote for many years. I lost it to a ransomware, with a DOCM extension. I looked online and it said it was new and the encryption was done repeatedly up to 10 times deep. I happened to have ALL my backup usb...
  10. Related to Malware! Added by VM: Ransomware

Related to Malware! Added by VM: Ransomware: Hello, Few days back, my friend on windows 8.1 was downloading a game mode (he said) through the UC Browser and as you predict that the file he downloaded was malicious and contained malware. Now, his entire laptop is affected by that malware, the extensions of his data and...