Windows 10: unknown sources

Discus and support unknown sources in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to download a program for my buisness, but I need to turn off the setting that blocks the unknown source. I know the source, and it's safe, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoeMiller1, Oct 31, 2019.

1. unknown sources

I need to download a program for my buisness, but I need to turn off the setting that blocks the unknown source. I know the source, and it's safe, but I can't find the setting to turn the block off, Please help, I need to do this, like yesterday. Thank you for any help, I'm about to go nuts with this thing.

:)

JoeMiller1, Oct 31, 2019

2. 'unknown Sources'?

I have purchased the Nokia Lumia and want to download the Paddy Power app but it says that first I must turn on the unknown sources in the security settings? From what I can see there is no security settings on this phone? I have checked the settings and
    found nothing? Is there anyone who knows how to fix this please?

thanks in advance

FrankGalway, Oct 31, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

unknown sources [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 31, 2019
  4. unknown sources

apps from unknown source

hi,where is the location apps from unknown source . i need to enable this .i use nokia lumia 521.windows 8.1.and how can i update my phone in windows 10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

srabonahmmed, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

unknown sources

1. unknown sources - Similar Threads - unknown sources

2. microphone high definition audio device - unknown source and green bar always full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone high definition audio device - unknown source and green bar always full: This is something that has always bugged me but never caused real issues.In my Recording tab in the Sound panel, there's this High Definition Audio Device Microphone whose bar is always full. I tried unplugging every wire from my tower and it stayed, so it's not coming from a...
  3. microphone high definition audio device - unknown source and green bar always full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone high definition audio device - unknown source and green bar always full: This is something that has always bugged me but never caused real issues.In my Recording tab in the Sound panel, there's this High Definition Audio Device Microphone whose bar is always full. I tried unplugging every wire from my tower and it stayed, so it's not coming from a...
  4. RunDLL errors with unknown source, gibberish name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL errors with unknown source, gibberish name.: I am getting the following RunDLL errors for a while now, it started a month ago with only the first one and one week ago the second one started appearing. These errors show up at startup and when I close them and use my computer normally they occasionally pop up at the same...
  5. RunDLL errors with unknown source, gibberish name.

RunDLL errors with unknown source, gibberish name.: I am getting the following RunDLL errors for a while now, it started a month ago with only the first one and one week ago the second one started appearing. These errors show up at startup and when I close them and use my computer normally they occasionally pop up at the same...
  6. get apps from unknown sources, win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get apps from unknown sources, win11: i wish to download apps from unknown sourcesie play store ectnot interested in why i would want too please tell me how as i cannot download youtube from ms store and others...
  7. get apps from unknown sources, win11

get apps from unknown sources, win11: i wish to download apps from unknown sourcesie play store ectnot interested in why i would want too please tell me how as i cannot download youtube from ms store and others...
  8. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  9. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  10. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?