Windows 10: unknown "START" application

Discus and support unknown "START" application in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am seeing an application labeled "START" when using Task Manager. When I click on Properties, no information is available. Is this actually part of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonBrubaker, Feb 11, 2021.

1. unknown "START" application

I am seeing an application labeled "START" when using Task Manager. When I click on Properties, no information is available. Is this actually part of WIndows or is it something that should be eliminated?

:)

DonBrubaker, Feb 11, 2021

2. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    KB3197954 causing application start error 0xc22

To further help you with your issue,
    follow the troubleshooting
    methods below:

Method 1: Clean boot the system

To check if there isn't any 3rd party software conflict, i.e., if any 3rd party application or startup item is causing
    the issue, you may try to clean boot the system and check for the issue. To perform a clean boot, refer to this

link

Note:
    Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: SFC scan

We also suggest you to scan your system with the System file checker to resolve any corruption with the program
    files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Start, click
      All Programs
      and open
      Accessories.

• Right-click on
      Command Prompt
      in the Program list and then select
      Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for
      confirmation, type your password, or click OK.

• In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For further reference, refer to this

link

Method 3:

We also suggest you to check if there is any application called "CA
    Internet Suite" installed in your system. If you find such an application, follow these steps to uninstall the application:

• Open
      Programs and Features
      by clicking the
      Start
      button, click
      Control Panel, go to
      Programsand then click
      Programs and Features.

• Select the program, and then click
      Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
      type the password or provide confirmation.

Let
    us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Feb 11, 2021
  4. unknown "START" application

windows 10

Hi Peter,

An unknown application could show if there is a software conflict. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you recently installed a program or application?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC prior to this issue?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Are you able to open the application?

In the meantime, we suggest that you delete this application from Programs folder by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Right-click on the unknown application.
    • Select More, and then click on Open
      file
      location.
    • File Explorer will show. Right-click on the unknown application from the list of apps.
    • Select Delete.
    • If prompt, enter the administrator password.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

unknown "START" application

1. unknown "START" application - Similar Threads - unknown START application

2. An unknown application: il Longman.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An unknown application: il Longman.exe: I'm facing this endless problem that's been going on for 2 days now.After the installation had been completed, I've been told to restart my computer, so I did. Everything looks fine, but then I notice an unnamed application comes up out of nowhere. I don't know what I...
  3. An unknown application: il Longman.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An unknown application: il Longman.exe: I'm facing this endless problem that's been going on for 2 days now.After the installation had been completed, I've been told to restart my computer, so I did. Everything looks fine, but then I notice an unnamed application comes up out of nowhere. I don't know what I...
  4. Unknown application stealing focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown application stealing focus: Good Day,I have recently been getting calls from end users that when they are typing, the cursor will disappear and they have to click back into their text box to continue.This started occurring in the last month. I have 3 PC's having this issue, all 3 are new deployments,...
  5. Unknown application stealing focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown application stealing focus: Good Day,I have recently been getting calls from end users that when they are typing, the cursor will disappear and they have to click back into their text box to continue.This started occurring in the last month. I have 3 PC's having this issue, all 3 are new deployments,...
  6. Unknown application stealing focus

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unknown Application without title

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Application without title: Good day!I found this today in the battery settings. It isn't visible in other places such as the programs and uninstall settings. I'm using a new device and haven't downloaded anything from untrusty sources. Please help.Thank you!...
  8. Unknown application

Unknown application: Hi everyone, When I run my Task Manager, I often see this Process called "YellowMind", and when expanded it displays a gear icon named "OakomsRabbitechnologiesSNP". When I locate the program file location, it takes me to a path C: > ProgramData >...
  9. unknown application running

unknown application running: recently this few days i just update my Windows 10 Home, after those updates i have this unknown application try to run everytime i start my PC, it pop up and blocked by my Panda Dome Global Protection notification with this something like code or script :...
  10. Unknown error in most applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown error in most applications: I think that I messed something up in the options accessed from Settings>Update & Security>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Troubleshoot, because I changed something, I don't remember what but now I get an error 9999(Unexpected user error) in Audacity whenever I start it, I can't...