Windows 10: Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall

Discus and support Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I rarely scroll through the Start Menu because the letter jump and search functions eliminate the need for that. But recently I was tinkering with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vielcruz, Sep 28, 2019.

1. vielcruz Win User

Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall

So I rarely scroll through the Start Menu because the letter jump and search functions eliminate the need for that. But recently I was tinkering with the Your Phone App that links my computer to my phone and I found an unknown entry.

Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall 07ec4bf1-58c8-41ef-be78-5b845b72b70b?upload=true.jpg

I tried the following:

1.) Right-click + Delete = no such option

2.) Right-click + Uninstall = no such option

3.) Go to installed apps via Control Panel = cannot find the app responsible for this.

Some things that might help:

- I mostly install apps from the Microsoft Store and Steam Store

- The only other apps not from the MS Store are Ivideon (home camera viewing app) and NordVPN

Any ideas how I can get this out?

Thanks!

:)

vielcruz, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

It's probably just a registry entry - run registry cleaner. Or, try doing this; Open File Explorer, browse to \Windows\Start Menu and you'll see the icons there. Delete from this folder and that should remove it.

If the deleted files is stil in Recycle bin, restore it then go back to start menu and delete the file the normal way.

If you can't find the recycle bin...Right-click on your desktop and choose Personalize,
    click the Change Desktop Icons link in upper left hand corner. In the Desktop Icons Settings window, check the Recycle Bin box and click OK.

Hope that helps.*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 28, 2019
  3. 180sx Win User
    Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

Hey mate (yes im from australia)

I had this problem just before and fixed it pretty easily.
    Have to use the good old command prompt and delete from there.
    Windows is just gettin shitter and shitter isnt it. might go back to DOS soon lol

Steps> CMD in run > go to the folder (start menu folder) > type: DEL (watever the filename is) and if it says from filename put in the shortname eg. 034Michael short would maybe be 034Mich~l or sumthing like that.

THIS WILL WORK, THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME 4 TIMES NOW LOL fukin vista!!*Bang Head :banghead:

180sx, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall

Windows 7 Game error

Delete the Start menu entry by right clicking on it and clicking delete. If you are talking about the recently used program list, right click, then click on remove entry.

TheLaughingMan, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall

1. Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall - Similar Threads - Unknown Start Menu

2. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete uninstalled program in start menu.: I have uninstalled MySQL, but it is still showing folder in my start menu. There are items in the folder without icons. And when i click on it nothing happens. I have deleted all mysql folders in ProgramFiles, Programdata, Programfilex86 as well as in the start menus/programs...
  3. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete uninstalled program in start menu.: I have uninstalled MySQL, but it is still showing folder in my start menu. There are items in the folder without icons. And when i click on it nothing happens. I have deleted all mysql folders in ProgramFiles, Programdata, Programfilex86 as well as in the start menus/programs...
  4. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken Start Menu entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Start Menu entries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zt79tg13vcv51.png?width=789&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebefe42b3912058296b64c96a73e6822f049e84b My start menu shows these after the update to Windows 10 2004. I did sfc /scannow and it did not find anything wrong. I checked the store and...
  6. Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.

Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.: I have a dead "Age Of Empires : Definitive Edition" start menu entry which I cannot remove. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-start-menu-entry-from-uninstalled-game/d9cebca9-60ef-4c8d-8a80-c26d68dc1d1c
  7. Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps

Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps: I have uninstalled several apps from the Microsoft Store, and also gone into the store and hidden them in my library. However, the start menu insists on continuing to show these apps. I have also gone in start menu programs in file explorer, but it doesn't show these. How can...
  8. Holographic entry in Start menu

Holographic entry in Start menu: After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed...
  9. delete context menu entry

delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  10. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...