Windows 10: unknown startup apps suspected to be some kind of malware.

Discus and support unknown startup apps suspected to be some kind of malware. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; some months back I installed pi software which was some kind of mining app but I uninstalled it that time only however there is still a program showing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by onewaynoo, Jul 20, 2021.

1. onewaynoo Win User

unknown startup apps suspected to be some kind of malware.

some months back I installed pi software which was some kind of mining app but I uninstalled it that time only however there is still a program showing in startup apps named pi and I can not find it elsewhere, there are many such programs on startup apps menu which looks some kind of malware like the program named "program", "update" and "screenrec". Are these malware or virus? If yes, how do I remove it? However, I have disabled the pi and program.

:)

onewaynoo, Jul 20, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 20, 2021
  3. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. unknown startup apps suspected to be some kind of malware. - Similar Threads - unknown startup apps

2. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore: I found an program called Fontcore in my pc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fontcore i am suspecting that thing is a malware my pc acting weird and im suspecting this is this thing a virus? Please let me know :D...
  3. Suspected Malware In Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected Malware In Startup: The program circled appears in my startup, it changes symbols making it difficult to find/search.. The Microsoft Safety Scanner Detects nothing. Only thing I could do is turn it off. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Suspected malware

Suspected malware: Dear sir,Someone sent me a file on WhatsApp and when i opened this file it opened in OneDrive. After that i suspected, this person was trying to hack my mobile phone so i started to search for the file he sent me many times and i cannot find it! I'm trying to restore my...
  5. Suspected malware

Suspected malware: I was using kmplayer as my video player and when I scanned it in virustotal it showed there was virus in the app.So I deleted it.Now in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows there is a usrclass.dat file and it shows its type as kmplayer64.dat .Is it a malware?If it is how to delete...
  6. Stealthy Malware Suspected

Stealthy Malware Suspected: I suspect I may have some hidden malware/rootkit on my machine. Weird unexpected things happening on my PC. A few unexplained uninstalls and application launches. SFC and DISM scans all show everything fine. SFC scans always fix corruption after updates. The logs all look...
  7. Malware - Unknown

Malware - Unknown: I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup. [ATTACH] I've run Defender: Nothing detected. I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected. Please advise. Thank you....
  8. Some kind of memory leak. I suspect an OS "Feature"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some kind of memory leak. I suspect an OS "Feature": Hello. I'm having a problem with a persistent memory leak. I can get the memory to clear with a hard switch power off which suggests to me that the OS is saving the memory state to reload at boot after a clean software power down. After a hard power loss event (Cleared RAM.)...
  9. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...
  10. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...