Windows 10: Unknown stuff in device manager

Discus and support Unknown stuff in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know it looks like i'm referring to literal unknown devices in device manager, but i am not. Under disk drives, there is a device called "xvd" and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tyler.nic7, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Unknown stuff in device manager

I know it looks like i'm referring to literal unknown devices in device manager, but i am not. Under disk drives, there is a device called "xvd" and I have no clue what this is. If i unplug my external hard drive, and all my USB devices, it is still there. it says it's on the USB bus but it's there even when there is nothing plugged into the USB ports. It says the driver is from 2006, but this is a 2014 computer.

here is a screenshot

Unknown stuff in device manager 5094f945-ba2a-471b-bbc3-89a9b6133355?upload=true.png

i haven't seen this before today, either

:)

tyler.nic7, Sep 30, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown stuff in device manager [​IMG]

putermaker, Sep 30, 2020
  4. tamo Win User

Unknown stuff in device manager

unknown device in device manager

Unknown stuff in device manager [​IMG]

It was one of those two , cant remember which one , I just kept browsing the list of drivers and saw these which looked like ACPI , I took a chance and bingo .

Still cant get an iPhone to connect to a dell alienware 13 win 10 pro but at least I have one issue fixed .

Thanks you guys are the best .

Thema:

Unknown stuff in device manager

1. Unknown stuff in device manager - Similar Threads - Unknown stuff device

2. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  3. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  4. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  5. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  7. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

8. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  9. unknown device in device manager

unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...
  10. Unknown Drives in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Drives in Device Manager: I.ve recently noticed that ALL of my computers drives are listed as "Unknown" in Device Manager. I've checked in Properties to upgrade drivers only to be informed that the "best drivers for this device is already installed" against all the drives including HDD's, SSD's and...