Windows 10: Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition

Discus and support Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The symbol showing on the left of this image [img] has started appearing on open windows since I updated to the creators edition. If I click it, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenlcarter50, May 16, 2017.

1. Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition

The symbol showing on the left of this image
    Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition [​IMG]
    has started appearing on open windows since I updated to the creators edition. If I click it, the following is all that happens:
    Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition [​IMG]

Does anyone know what or why this is?*Confused

:)

kenlcarter50, May 16, 2017

2. N95 8GB Music Problem.

Hi,

I have an N95 (V31.0.017) with 8g memory card.

After a recent (I'm not sure which one) firmware update, I notice that all music transferred to the phone, appears under "Unknown Album" by "Unknown Artist".

Maybe your phone also has this advanced feature :smileyvery-happy:

After refreshing the music library, try checking the unknown artist for the music. The details can be edited under "Song Details" & the music will then appear in the correct artist / album.

buzz13---01, May 16, 2017
  3. toolbar

Hello,

I have IE11 and the toolbar at the top left with file,edit etc I had changed to bold and made it bigger using display that has disappeared from the control panel. Now the type is to small and also I don't like Edge and it has a symbol next to

the new tab at the top of google mail. I want to uninstall Win10 creator, how do I do this or can the problem be fixed?

LandSlideLily, May 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition

Looks like that is a mouse symbol from a program that you are running, which would place it at the top where the minimize, max and exit are. Something you installed that would be the problem.

bro67, May 16, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    It really is not helpful giving such a reply when you do not know the answer.

cereberus, May 16, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    This is the new virtual mouse trackpad that emulates a laptop style mouse trackpad on touch screen systems that do not have a trackpad (mostly tablets).

You can turn it off by right clicking on taskbar.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition

1. Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition - Similar Threads - Unknown symbol has

2. Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??: What is this icon and where and why did it appear? It looks like a blue tongue and has the text "PRE" over it. What the f**k is this nonsense doing on my machine.... I didnt approve of any app installs on my machine, so where did this app come from? I feel like my PC was...
  3. Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??: What is this icon and where and why did it appear? It looks like a blue tongue and has the text "PRE" over it. What the f**k is this nonsense doing on my machine.... I didnt approve of any app installs on my machine, so where did this app come from? I feel like my PC was...
  4. Unknown adress bar has appeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown adress bar has appeared?: An address bar has appeared on the taskbar on the right without me having downloaded or added it. What is this and can it be removed? It is not possible to move or delete it using the mouse, and it is also not possible to search the web in the address field.Could it be a...
  5. Unknown adress bar has appeared?

Unknown adress bar has appeared?: An address bar has appeared on the taskbar on the right without me having downloaded or added it. What is this and can it be removed? It is not possible to move or delete it using the mouse, and it is also not possible to search the web in the address field.Could it be a...
  6. Unknown adress bar has appeared?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. unknown symbol taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown symbol taskbar: What is this symbol on taskbar, from when it appeared, start button and search not working, windows defender setting page not opening. it is not showing anything hovering mouse, not doing anything on click...
  8. Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update: Hi all, Since the Creator's Update, Cortana has been behaving strangely on my machine. Specifically, when asking Cortana to launch programs, and even more specifically when there are several possible options. So, with Skype, just to take one example, the conversation USED...
  9. No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?: I help out over at /r/techsupport and this guy with a fresh install of W10 is having bluescreens. Problem is that I get WRONG_SYMBOLS no matter what when checking out his dump files. I tried .symfix .reload and it downloads something, but when following up with a new analyze...
  10. Updating To Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating To Creator Edition: I just built a new Ryzen system and installed a full version win10 x64. Last night I did a check for updates and it gave me the win10 Creators update. So I went ahead and started it at around 8 PM. I checked at 1 AM and it was installing at 40%. At 8 AM it was at 80%. At 12...