Windows 10: Unknown Symbol is now on Screen

Discus and support Unknown Symbol is now on Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I noticed today that there is a symbol now on the lower right hand side of my Windows 10 home screen. Does anyone know what this is and why it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdp, Feb 11, 2021.

1. MDP
    mdp Win User

Unknown Symbol is now on Screen

Hi All,
    I noticed today that there is a symbol now on the lower right hand side of my Windows 10 home screen.
    Does anyone know what this is and why it is there.
    I am not able to click on it or anything.. It just seems to be embedded there?!
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 11, 2021
  3. unknown symbol

hi

i have a E65, and have recently got an unknown symbol on the display that i can not remove.

I have looked in the user manual and cannot find any reference to it.

It looks like a pair of upturned glasses. (like the symbol on the #1 key)

Now i (wrongly?) assumed that this was an unread/unlistened answerphone message, but i have no messages when i access this option.

Anybody know how i can clear this symbol off my display?

majorstyre, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Unknown Symbol is now on Screen

E90, Unknown symbol on display

Hello,

I need help regarding an unknown symbol on the display. It's located beside the symbol for bluetooth connectivity and looks like a u with an arrow inside. The symbol is not described in the manual and I have no glue about the meaning.

paulchen---01, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Unknown Symbol is now on Screen

1. Unknown Symbol is now on Screen - Similar Threads - Unknown Symbol Screen

2. unknown screen recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown screen recorder: New installation of Windows 10 on a new computer. There is a screen recorder that has taken F10 as a hot key and I can't assign it in any programs. I can't find any place to change settings or for that matter that it even exists. It's not in the startup folder or listed in...
  3. unknown screen recorder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown screen recorder: New installation of Windows 10 on a new computer. There is a screen recorder that has taken F10 as a hot key and I can't assign it in any programs. I can't find any place to change settings or for that matter that it even exists. It's not in the startup folder or listed in...
  4. unknown screen recorder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop hacked & now locked with unknown password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hacked & now locked with unknown password: Hello,Thanks for helping!Like an idiot I let someone into my laptop remotely & he added a password that is unknown to me.A scammer who wanted $$ to unlock it.I'm sure there's a work around but I have no idea how to do it.Help please!!& Thanks again....
  6. unknown symbol taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown symbol taskbar: What is this symbol on taskbar, from when it appeared, start button and search not working, windows defender setting page not opening. it is not showing anything hovering mouse, not doing anything on click...
  7. Unknown Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Screen: I am working and the attached screen pops up. How do I remove it or close? Thanks Don[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-screen/fc2233b1-b611-4bd0-a860-92a20aa64bb9
  8. Black screen with mouse and loading symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with mouse and loading symbol: My computer was acting up so I restarted it. After initial start-up the screen comes up black with the mouse cursor and the loading symbol blinking. I've tried going into safe mode, but it keeps bringing me back to the black screen. I tried to go back to a previous update and...
  9. Windows 10 Mail - Unknown Symbol

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail - Unknown Symbol: In my Windows 10 Mail, a cross-in-circle symbol suddenly appeared? What is this means and how to solve and remove this? [img] Allen Low Malaysia 22671
  10. Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown symbol has appeared after update to win10 creator edition: The symbol showing on the left of this image [img] has started appearing on open windows since I updated to the creators edition. If I click it, the following is all that happens: [img] Does anyone know what or why this is?*Confused 84616