Windows 10: Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while

Discus and support Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A rectangle--usually black, sometimes spliced and sometimes transparent--appears in the center of the screen and when you click Power in the menu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cn_619, Oct 10, 2020.

1. cn_619 Win User

Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while

A rectangle--usually black, sometimes spliced and sometimes transparent--appears in the center of the screen

and

when you click Power in the menu, no submenu comes up.

Those seemingly two unrelated symptoms are the only ones that come up and they always come up together.

:)

cn_619, Oct 10, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2020
  3. john_869 Win User
    The flashing screen syndrome

"Windows error reporting service" service is preventing Windows 10 from loading(flashing screen syndrome). System loads ok, when disabled. Any work arounds or alternatives would be appreciated.......?

Thanks

john_869, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while

1. Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while - Similar Threads - Unknown syndrome happens

2. Computer crashes with a blue screen every once in a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes with a blue screen every once in a while: Hello, my computer gets a blue screen every once in a while.Usually when connecting/disconnecting USB drives or accessories.And some other times when i wake it from sleep.Both cases don't usually cause crashes but when it happens it's one of these 2 cases.Here are the dump...
  3. Computer crashes with a blue screen every once in a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes with a blue screen every once in a while: Hello, my computer gets a blue screen every once in a while.Usually when connecting/disconnecting USB drives or accessories.And some other times when i wake it from sleep.Both cases don't usually cause crashes but when it happens it's one of these 2 cases.Here are the dump...
  4. Computer crashes with a blue screen every once in a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING: Hello,I have had BSOD every once in a while. I ran memory ram check and review my drivers but nothing has worked. Here is the bug analysis and dump file. Can someone tell me where the source of my BSOD please. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsvbcaielvcfjT2zyA6zcU9KddoO?e=hlr9Cp...
  6. BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING: Hello,I have had BSOD every once in a while. I ran memory ram check and review my drivers but nothing has worked. Here is the bug analysis and dump file. Can someone tell me where the source of my BSOD please. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsvbcaielvcfjT2zyA6zcU9KddoO?e=hlr9Cp...
  7. The system keep repooting every once in a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system keep repooting every once in a while: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION the error in event log The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8006b8fb320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  8. BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I've been getting BSODs every once in a while, however, in Safe mode they seem to not happen. I've done some memtests and they didn't return any errors. I feel like it's a driver problem. Please, if anyone could help me out, that would be deeply appreciated. Minidump:...
  9. Sticky Mouse syndrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sticky Mouse syndrome: My mouse occasionally freezes and does not respond to motion nor button clicks. The freeze only last for a few seconds. I have a Logitech bluetooth mouse, M557. This is nothing new. It has been going on "forever" and, since it only lasts a few seconds, I have just been...
  10. My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once: My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once in a while. Why and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trans/298edaf7-9ed6-45c0-bd11-11a8db3d719f