Windows 10: Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected

Discus and support Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having issues with this pc for two years where the battery is concerned. What I should be using is the replacement battery but it fell into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel Wittman, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected

I have been having issues with this pc for two years where the battery is concerned. What I should be using is the replacement battery but it fell into the same issues as the first:

1 while installed and running, the pc would cut after or before an hour had gone regardless of it being near 100%

2 charging proved difficult as the light on the side switched between orange and white every few minutes

3 previous attempts to calibrate the new battery failed due to issue 1 or the calibration refused to start altogether.

For most of the time like now, I've plugged into a wall without the battery present but for two months I've actually kept it in the pc with charging as this bypasses the issue. However, something new appeared; while the battery was attached the indicator read 'unknown time remaining' and shorted out in under 10 minutes, attempts to use it while plugged into the wall then showed 'battery not detected' to the contrary.

This is my 2nd pc with the first reacting much differently. It was a 2010 notebook type with windows 7 and when its battery life ran out at least it could remain attached while being charged and never experience shorting out. This pc has been formated twice. How do I resolve the issue?

This model is:

Device name DESKTOP-RMHOAJ5

Processor IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

Installed RAM 4.00 GB

Device ID

Product ID

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎16/‎11/‎2020

OS build 19042.630

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

:)

Daniel Wittman, Dec 5, 2020

2. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to try with a driver remove and reinstall with Device Manager. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot your system and check if the problem still exists.

Please tell me if the solution works.

StefanoTamiotti, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Battery not detected (unknown remaining)

At first my battery indicator used to stuck up at some random number and did not use to change at both while charging or discharging.

I tried to reset the pc a few times and now it can't detect my battery................while charging it shows "plugged in and charging" and at 100% always............and while discharging it shows "unknown remaining" and 100% and turn off suddenly when its
    battery gets completely discharged.

please help me.

Prakhar Parashari, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected

Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

If your battery has some years, it could be that is going to die. If not, you should check the battery plug, it could be a bad connection.

However, try other two times with :

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

8. Reboot

And check if the battery is read again by the OS. If not, then try to run a filesystem check and repair:

1. Digit "cmd" in windows search bar

2. Right click on "Command Prompt"

3. Select "Run as Administrator"

4. Digit "sfc /scannow" without quote and press ENTER

Another info that I need: if your laptop is powered off, have you a led indicator, that tells you if the battery is charging?

StefanoTamiotti, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected

1. Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected - Similar Threads - Unknown remaining battery

2. The language bar and the battery remaining time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The language bar and the battery remaining time: Hello everyoneI'm facing a couple of problems since the last update. The language bar disappeared, I've followed every instruction I've found so far, go to the settings, and then keyboard, and there's the other one in display, and language, all of them lead to the same place,...
  3. The language bar and the battery remaining time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The language bar and the battery remaining time: Hello everyoneI'm facing a couple of problems since the last update. The language bar disappeared, I've followed every instruction I've found so far, go to the settings, and then keyboard, and there's the other one in display, and language, all of them lead to the same place,...
  4. Remaining battery time isnt showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remaining battery time isnt showing: can't see the remaining time left on my battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remaining-battery-time-isnt-showing/a2435b66-5fee-4b71-a0bf-e87a56b6c4aa
  5. Battery time remaining does not show.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery time remaining does not show.: Even going to the settings does not show the time remaining. It shows the time to be fully charged only.I have an HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5The system is also fully updated....
  6. Battery time remaining does not show.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery time remaining does not show.: Even going to the settings does not show the time remaining. It shows the time to be fully charged only.I have an HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5The system is also fully updated....
  7. Following battery change, battery monitor shows "unknown remaining"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Following battery change, battery monitor shows "unknown remaining": Following installation of a new battery in my ACER M5-481T-6642 laptop running Win 10 (1903), the battery icon in the task bar has grayed out and displays "Unknown Remaining" when cursor is placed over it. Settings/System/Battery also shows vague/unknown battery condition...
  8. Battery unknown remaining

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery unknown remaining: About a week ago, my laptop started to stop showing the remaining battery and instead showed "Unknown remaining". It would shut down all of a sudden although I did charge overnight, and was only turned on when I plugged in the charger. However, when it is plugged in it showed...
  9. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not detected (Unknown remaining): Good day, I'm having battery problems on my Sager NP8372. First, the battery icon on the taskbar suddenly switches back and forth from the default battery icon to “no battery detected” icon and changes my brightness setting. It just happens intermittently, and I don’t know...
  10. No battery time remaining

in Windows 10 Customization
    No battery time remaining: Hi, I looked on the internet a way to see the time remaining on my battery before it becomes empty but I didn't found anything useful. The only thing it shows me is the remaining time before it becomes fully charged. I currently have a Acer Spin 5 with Windows 10 Home. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Satellite pro shows unknown battery remaining

2. Remaining duration unknown laptop

3. new laptop battery blinks shows unknown remaining