Windows 10: Unknown USB device keeps appearing and disappearing

Discus and support Unknown USB device keeps appearing and disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my computer has been doing this weird thing lately - even when nothing is hooked up to it an unknown USB device keeps showing up in my devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smile667, Jun 6, 2020.

1. smile667 Win User

Unknown USB device keeps appearing and disappearing

Hi, my computer has been doing this weird thing lately - even when nothing is hooked up to it an unknown USB device keeps showing up in my devices and then disappearing a few seconds later. It also makes a noise whenever it's appearing and disappearing even though I have all notifications turned off and it's driving me mad, just constant pings every few seconds. Please, please, please how do i make it stop?

:)

smile667, Jun 6, 2020

2. Unknown USB Device

Thanks for the response but there was not a problem. It was because of me being stupid. I had too much clutter around my PC and I had connected my external drive and thought It was my external storage device. I found out that my some USB connections did
    not work on my old laptop. That is why I received the "Unknown device message." Sorry and thank you for the quick response.

richardsantucci, Jun 6, 2020
  3. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Unknown USB Device

Hi,

The error message Device Descriptor Request Failed Drive error may possibly occur when USB device was not recognized due to unstable or corrupt USB controllers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If you're trying to connect a USB device, have you tried connecting it to another computer and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run USB troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link. This will automatically diagnose USB problems and will provide you a remedy.

Additionally, we also recommend that you follow the steps in this article
    on how to troubleshoot your USB device which was not recognized.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown USB device keeps appearing and disappearing - Similar Threads - Unknown USB device

2. unknown usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown usb device: unknown usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-usb-device/98b3560d-7dd4-4b49-9156-f074adc42492
  3. Audio device keep appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio device keep appearing and disappearing: So I have a headset connected with usb type-c. This morning it started appearing and disappearing at the settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooting. Everything. Any idea what could cause this issue and how can I solve it?...
  4. Audio device keep appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device keep appearing and disappearing: So I have a headset connected with usb type-c. This morning it started appearing and disappearing at the settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooting. Everything. Any idea what could cause this issue and how can I solve it?...
  5. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  6. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  7. Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Title says it all. There is an unknown USB device that just keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is visible in my device manager. The computer works just fine and I have managed to turn the sound off. I'm just a little concerned that this could cause an issue down the line...
  8. usb flash keep appear and disappear and so on

usb flash keep appear and disappear and so on: my usb flash drive was working fine until i scanned my Adata c003 usb flash using avg , it says it find harm files and it move it to quarantine after that every time i put the usb flash in the pc it keep shows in the explorer and disappear and so on when i go to device...
  9. Unknown devices keep appearing in my network tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown devices keep appearing in my network tab: I frequently see unrecognised devices in the network tab of Explorer (Windows version 1909). These include smartphones, printers, TVs and "generic network" devices. They come and go very quickly. I have changed my wifi password a number of times, most recently to one...
  10. Unknown USB device

Unknown USB device: For a couple of months my usb port has been acting weird. So i bought a new mouse. However it did not work. Multiple mouses have not worked on my laptop but strangely an apple mouse works. Is there a fix to this issue?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve usb unknown device that connects /disappears in device manager

2. solve usb unknown device connects /disappears in device manager

3. USB device keeps appearing and disappearing win10