Windows 10: Unknown USB Device port reset failed

Discus and support Unknown USB Device port reset failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Every single time I boot up I get the error message " Unknown USB Device port reset failed" and have intermittent USB connectivity issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jezrackham, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Unknown USB Device port reset failed

Hi, Every single time I boot up I get the error message " Unknown USB Device port reset failed" and have intermittent USB connectivity issues with hardware of various kinds.

Its never consistent which piece of hardware is the culprit or if its a software issue.

I run a hi spec 32gig ram pc for adobe video editing and the only way I resolve this is to uninstall it and reinstall which solves it, until I power down , or put it into sleep mode, whereupon I have to do it all over again, and this is every day.

Each piece of hardware works fine in other ports, so it doesn't appear the external devices are the issue. I cannot find any new drivers for these ports, so why is it happening?

Any help appreciated.

:)

jezrackham, Apr 17, 2021
  2. AndyRahn Win User

Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)

Just yesterday when I powered my computer on my mouse and keyboard were not working. So I unplugged all of my devices and and tried just plugging my mouse into the different USB ports until I found that only one of the seven ports I have are working. When
    I finally got into Windows I was seeing the error code 43 Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed). I have been trying to fix the problem since yesterday by following all of the answers from other people with this error code and none of them have worked. If
    you have any suggestions please let me know.

AndyRahn, Apr 17, 2021
  3. usb port reset fail

Hi Laura,

We would like to know more information regarding the "usb port reset fail" error that you are getting. To verify whether this issue is being caused by the port or the external device, we would like to gather more information:

• What external device are you trying to connect to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the external device to another port or different computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different external device to the port?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Unknown USB Device port reset failed

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) on all USB ports

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) on all USB ports

BruceSinger1, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Unknown USB Device port reset failed

1. Unknown USB Device port reset failed - Similar Threads - Unknown USB Device

2. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hi, I'm having trouble while trying to use one of the USB ports on my Lenovo Legion 5 laptop. Two other USB ports work just fine but the third one gets the above error message and seems to malfunction in some ways. I tried all the methods I could think of remove/reinstall...
  3. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hi, I'm having trouble while trying to use one of the USB ports on my Lenovo Legion 5 laptop. Two other USB ports work just fine but the third one gets the above error message and seems to malfunction in some ways. I tried all the methods I could think of remove/reinstall...
  4. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: My USB ports stopped working well, I would plug in my phone and it would only charge not giving me the option for file transfer, I can't even hear the connection sound of the USB.I tried updating my USB drivers, when I tried updating the USB composite device, out of curiosity...
  5. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: My USB ports stopped working well, I would plug in my phone and it would only charge not giving me the option for file transfer, I can't even hear the connection sound of the USB.I tried updating my USB drivers, when I tried updating the USB composite device, out of curiosity...
  6. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hello,I am a Hardware Technician, am facing the problem with getting an error message "Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed" but all of your USB devices are working fine. The issue with camera not working, if disconnect the camera that time the error massage was not getting,...
  7. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hello, a few months ago a USB port on my lenovo laptop became unable to recognize any device that would be entered. I normally use my USB ports for peripherals such as mouse and keyboard. Checking my device manager shows Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. Following some...
  8. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hello, a few months ago a USB port on my lenovo laptop became unable to recognize any device that would be entered. I normally use my USB ports for peripherals such as mouse and keyboard. Checking my device manager shows Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. Following some...
  9. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: We have recently purchased 3 Surface Laptop 3's Maybe 2-3months old and two have started displaying the Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed error for the USB-A and USB-C ports after waking from being in sleep mode. They are connected via USB-C to a powered dock, which are...