Windows 10: Unknown USB Device Set Address Failed error code 43

Discus and support Unknown USB Device Set Address Failed error code 43 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i connect my headphones to my pc windows detects it as a unknown usb device although sound still comes through. I probably know what caused the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jasmotsu, May 9, 2020.

1. Jasmotsu Win User

Unknown USB Device Set Address Failed error code 43

When i connect my headphones to my pc windows detects it as a unknown usb device although sound still comes through.

I probably know what caused the driver issue. It probably was phone driver because i had downloaded it one night and the next morning the issue appeared.

I have tried all the basic stuff like deleted the driver, run the usb troubleshooter which detected the issue but never fixed it, rebooting multiple times, manually updating the different drivers, disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", turning off the "Usb selective suspend", uninstalling hidden devices and tried different usb ports.

None of these have worked and i dont know what to do anymore to fix it.

:)

Jasmotsu, May 9, 2020

2. Unknown USB Device Error code 43

Hello! I'm having quite some difficulty figuring out what's causing this, I hope someone can help me sort this out. So out of nowhere, one day I started my PC in the morning and got a pop up window saying that a USB device was unable to install. I head to Control Panel and find it listed under "Unspecified" and it's named "Unknown device". I click it and go to the "Hardware" tab and see it says "Universal Serial Bus Controller". It says this beside Location: "Port_#0001.Hub_#0003" and this for Device Status: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and lastly, the producer is Microsoft apparently and this is the Driver Date: 21/06/2006.

One very strange thing, however, is that my PC waits at the manufacturer boot screen way longer than usual. I look through my PC and while I'm in the manufacturer logo screen my Motherboard has a digital number showing "98". After I pass the manufacturer logo screen however, I boot normally fast. (I'm guessing it's not the SSD since the code 98 means it's searching for something? Normally it would be A1 or A2 or something I don't remember). I had recently (Not even a week ago) installed an SSD and my boot speeds were amazing and they still are, it's just this manufacturer logo screen that takes a long time.

Motherboard:

AsRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3

Things I've tried:

Checked driver updates for it in control panel
    Installed drivers from my motherboard CD
    Checked windows update (nothing)
    Plugged and unplugged all USB devices (Issue still persisted)

USB Devices plugged in currently:

Logitech Mouse
    Razer Keyboard
    Logitech Webcam
    HP D110 Printer

Screenshots of issue:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109253356@N06/14799816778/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109253356@N06/14966612586/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109253356@N06/14803076978/

Vegetables102, May 9, 2020
  3. Display adapters giving error code 43 and & unknown device.

Hi,

You may get Error Code 43 when the device driver notifies Windows that the device has failed. This usually happens if the device hardware fails or if the device driver itself fails. To help you with this issue, we suggest that you perform the
    troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link will
    provide you steps such as how to roll back the driver or how to uninstall and check for hardware changes.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, May 9, 2020
  4. Unknown USB Device Set Address Failed error code 43

Code 43 USB device not recognised

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Error Code 43 is a Device Manager error that means the following:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

When you get this error with USB devices it’s because one of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner. This can be because of corruption in one of the loaded drivers and the driver cache just
    needs to be flushed. An alternative to resolve this issue is to perform
    Power Drain
    , to do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

I would also suggest that you refer to the Microsoft Article provided in the link below for more troubleshooting methods

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Unknown USB Device Set Address Failed error code 43

1. Unknown USB Device Set Address Failed error code 43 - Similar Threads - Unknown USB Device

2. Unknown USB Device Error 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Error 43: I've been playing around 6 years with my xbox 360 wireless receiver https://www.amazon.com.mx/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-accessories/dp/B000HZFCT2 on my pc but some days ago i received on my pc the message "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" when i...
  3. Unknown USB Device Error 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Error 43: I've been playing around 6 years with my xbox 360 wireless receiver https://www.amazon.com.mx/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-accessories/dp/B000HZFCT2 on my pc but some days ago i received on my pc the message "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" when i...
  4. Unknown usb code 43 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown usb code 43 error: I have been experiencing this issue where my microphone is not detecting, and ive been searching the web for solutions and im stumped.I have done:Uninstalled the driver, restarted.Disable and enable driverWipe the whole pcMove the usb around.I know its not my mic because my...
  5. Unknown usb code 43 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown usb code 43 error: I have been experiencing this issue where my microphone is not detecting, and ive been searching the web for solutions and im stumped.I have done:Uninstalled the driver, restarted.Disable and enable driverWipe the whole pcMove the usb around.I know its not my mic because my...
  6. Unknown USB Device (Set Address Failed)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device (Set Address Failed): Windows version 21H1 19043-985 Windows 10 Pro 64bit I am running a WD RED 10GB RAID 1 mirror on an unmanaged external enclosure. Enclosure specs are here HUR5-SU31C , 2 Bay USB 3.1 Type-C Specs - Mediasonic Forum I've had this enclosure connected to a Windows 10 machines for...
  7. Unknown USB Device (Set Address Failed)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown USB Device (Set Address Failed): Windows version 21H1 19043-985 Windows 10 Pro 64bit I am running a WD RED 10GB RAID 1 mirror on an unmanaged external enclosure. Enclosure specs are here HUR5-SU31C , 2 Bay USB 3.1 Type-C Specs - Mediasonic Forum I've had this enclosure connected to a Windows 10 machines for...
  8. Code 43 'The USB set address request failed'

Code 43 'The USB set address request failed': I am trying to connect a new high speed CFExpress Card Reader Delkin DDReader-54 to my Windows 10 with all updates, 64 bit PC, USB 3 port, and get the following error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB set address request...
  9. Unknown USB Device Device Description Request Failed Code 43

Unknown USB Device Device Description Request Failed Code 43: Hi Sir, I have above issue happened on my PC window 10, 64bit system. This problem Unknown USB Device Device Description Request Failed will keep pop out with sound several times and disappear again, and repeating... I have searched at internet for the related problem...
  10. Unknown USB device(device descriptor request failed Code 43

Unknown USB device(device descriptor request failed Code 43: Hi, I have been unable to resolve the above error, with Hardware trouble shooter, uninstalling USB etc. Windows 10 is fully updated. Please can you assist. Many thanks Rashid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb set address failed code 43

2. usb devise(set adress failed)

3. unknown usb device set address

4. unknown usb set address failed,
  5. code 43 windows 10 usb set address failed,
  6. unknown usb device set address failed code 43