Windows 10: Unknown USB device

Discus and support Unknown USB device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, My usb stopped working yesterday and I discovered the problem and I have tried all of the youtube videos "tutorials" and none of them have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyWest2, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Unknown USB device

Hello all, My usb stopped working yesterday and I discovered the problem and I have tried all of the youtube videos "tutorials" and none of them have done anything, I have tried uninstalling, and other things. In the device status of "Unknown usb device" in device manager, it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

:)

AnthonyWest2, Mar 9, 2021

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Unknown USB Device

Thanks for the response but there was not a problem. It was because of me being stupid. I had too much clutter around my PC and I had connected my external drive and thought It was my external storage device. I found out that my some USB connections did
    not work on my old laptop. That is why I received the "Unknown device message." Sorry and thank you for the quick response.

richardsantucci, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Dice Vil Win User

Unknown USB device

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Unknown USB device

1. Unknown USB device - Similar Threads - Unknown USB device

2. unknown usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown usb device: unknown usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-usb-device/98b3560d-7dd4-4b49-9156-f074adc42492
  3. unknown usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown usb device: unknown usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-usb-device/98b3560d-7dd4-4b49-9156-f074adc42492
  4. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device: okay I am really frustrated I have tried everything on the internet said to do but it didn't work!! I am getting the error Unknown USB Device I don't know what to do next!! Help please!...
  5. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device: okay I am really frustrated I have tried everything on the internet said to do but it didn't work!! I am getting the error Unknown USB Device I don't know what to do next!! Help please!...
  6. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  7. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  8. Unknown usb device

Unknown usb device: So when i first got my pc everything was fine then suddenly my keyboard and mouse wouldnt work in any of the usb ports except 1. I did every fix possible expect updating my bios. So my question is i were to update it from the default bios my board came withasrock b450 pro4 to...
  9. Unknown USB Device

Unknown USB Device: I got a new Windows 10 update, after installing it I noticed that my microphone doesn't get detected. I uninstalled the update and went back to the version where my microphone still worked. I've tried uninstalling the drivers for it but it still doesn't work. Everything I've...
  10. Unknown USB device

Unknown USB device: For a couple of months my usb port has been acting weird. So i bought a new mouse. However it did not work. Multiple mouses have not worked on my laptop but strangely an apple mouse works. Is there a fix to this issue?...