Windows 10: Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

Discus and support Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamiebratcher1, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it has been adding more then 1 user acct on it which i dont need. is there a way to get around this ?

***Modified Title from: why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct***

:)

jamiebratcher1, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Steve_809 Win User

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Unknown account keeps forming in Windows 10 64bit

Hello Nearchos,

There are different ways for us to remove this unknown user account from your computer. Let's try these troubleshooting steps below:

Troubleshooting 1:

• Access your Microsoft account here.
    • Click on Manage my Microsoft account as it will lead you to the website of Microsoft Account configuration.
    • Once logged in, you can manage any Microsoft accounts that have been created on your PC and you may attempt to delete the unknown user account.

Troubleshooting 2:

• Click on Family & other users.
    • Look for the unknown user account and click on "Remove" or "Delete".

Troubleshooting 3:

• Enable the built-in Administrator account or create a new administrator user.
    • Convert the first administrator account that you created during the Windows 10 installation to the local account. (If applicable)
    • Sign-in to Windows 10 using the built-in Administrator or additionally created administrator account.
    • Remove the first administrator account.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Edjay Rust, Jun 9, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

95Viper, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

1. Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media... - Similar Threads - Unknown User account

2. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  3. Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error: I'm am trying to fix my computer by installing a Windows 10 installation Media on my empty, more than 9GB USB. Everytime, it loads up to 100%, I get an error. It says 0x80042405 - 0xA001A. Help!...
  4. WIN10 install using Media Creation Tool continues to get stuck on "unknown hard error"

WIN10 install using Media Creation Tool continues to get stuck on "unknown hard error": no suggestions that I have tried work. Some progress is being made showing the desktop. Frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-install-using-media-creation-tool-continues/30bacd16-b975-4fde-b5b9-69aabc191534
  5. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  6. Trying to create windows 10 installation media

Trying to create windows 10 installation media: On my work laptop I have the issue "Location not available" after a automatic upgrade and following the instructions to fix this problem I have been trying to create a Windows 10 installation media disk on a second laptop (a Lenovo ideapad 110) but get the error "Unable to...
  7. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...
  8. Unknown second user account

Unknown second user account: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours. I...
  9. Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10

Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10: I have upgraded a W7 OS to a W10 OS. One of my Administrator User Accounts was changed to ‘Temporary’. I deleted the Account since I lost the desktop and settings every time I logged off. I cannot create any other User Accounts. I open the ‘Add A User Account’ page then go to...
  10. Create installation media using small partition on HDD?

Create installation media using small partition on HDD?: I was wondering whether I could create a small partition on one of my HDDs and use the installation media creation tool to put the installation files on that and then set the BIOS to boot from that partition and start the process of installing Windows? I can't find my USB...