Windows 10: Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

Discus and support Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamiebratcher1, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it has been adding more then 1 user acct on it which i dont need. is there a way to get around this ?

***Modified Title from: why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct***

:)

jamiebratcher1, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Steve_809 Win User

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Unknown account keeps forming in Windows 10 64bit

Hello Nearchos,

There are different ways for us to remove this unknown user account from your computer. Let's try these troubleshooting steps below:

Troubleshooting 1:

• Access your Microsoft account here.
    • Click on Manage my Microsoft account as it will lead you to the website of Microsoft Account configuration.
    • Once logged in, you can manage any Microsoft accounts that have been created on your PC and you may attempt to delete the unknown user account.

Troubleshooting 2:

• Click on Family & other users.
    • Look for the unknown user account and click on "Remove" or "Delete".

Troubleshooting 3:

• Enable the built-in Administrator account or create a new administrator user.
    • Convert the first administrator account that you created during the Windows 10 installation to the local account. (If applicable)
    • Sign-in to Windows 10 using the built-in Administrator or additionally created administrator account.
    • Remove the first administrator account.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Edjay Rust, Jun 9, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

95Viper, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media...

1. Unknown User account is getting created while trying to install Windows 10 using Media... - Similar Threads - Unknown User account

2. Error message while creating Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message while creating Installation Media.: Hi everyone. Here is attached the error message screenshot. I'm Dev Channel Insider. I wish to leave Insider Program. The only way to do that is creating a fresh Install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This install will erase all apps and files and create new partitions on my SSD....
  3. Error message while creating Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message while creating Installation Media.: Hi everyone. Here is attached the error message screenshot. I'm Dev Channel Insider. I wish to leave Insider Program. The only way to do that is creating a fresh Install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This install will erase all apps and files and create new partitions on my SSD....
  4. Username or password incorrect windows 10 while trying to create a user by using the 'Other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username or password incorrect windows 10 while trying to create a user by using the 'Other...: Hello! I get the error message: Username or password is incorrect every time a try to add a user using the 'Other User' option on Windows start up. The other user credentials are correct because a can successfully add it to another PC.I'm using Windows 10.Any idea that can...
  5. Username or password incorrect windows 10 while trying to create a user by using the 'Other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Username or password incorrect windows 10 while trying to create a user by using the 'Other...: Hello! I get the error message: Username or password is incorrect every time a try to add a user using the 'Other User' option on Windows start up. The other user credentials are correct because a can successfully add it to another PC.I'm using Windows 10.Any idea that can...
  6. Username or password incorrect windows 10 while trying to create a user by using the 'Other...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Accidently wiped external drive while trying to create windows 10 installation media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently wiped external drive while trying to create windows 10 installation media: I was trying to create an installation media for windows 10 but I accidentally clicked on the wrong drive and used my External hard disk instead. By the time i realized it all my files were gone. Is there a way to recover my files? i had a lot of important data in there...
  8. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  9. Trying to create windows 10 installation media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to create windows 10 installation media: On my work laptop I have the issue "Location not available" after a automatic upgrade and following the instructions to fix this problem I have been trying to create a Windows 10 installation media disk on a second laptop (a Lenovo ideapad 110) but get the error "Unable to...
  10. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...