Windows 10: Unknown user account on new computer

Discus and support Unknown user account on new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have bought my wife a laptop and a desktop over the past year and both have created an admin account named “carol” but we do not have access to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KStumpII, Jan 12, 2021.

1. KStumpII Win User

Unknown user account on new computer

I have bought my wife a laptop and a desktop over the past year and both have created an admin account named “carol” but we do not have access to this account.

my wife’s name is not carol but both computers have the same admin account. Has anyone else had this issue? The computers were setup using my wifes email and she is shown as owner but not admin.

:)

KStumpII, Jan 12, 2021

2. Unknown User Account

Hi Brink, thanks for stepping in *Wink

"Account Unknown" is from a user account that had previously accessed the item, and the account is no longer currently available. For example, the account was deleted, or accessed by a user from another computer/network."

As far as I know there hasn't been another Account on my machine, nor accessed from other computers or network.
    Because I'm the only user. Could it not due to a major update of Windows? Some other folks allude to that on other forums...

Whatever the cause I'll try your method now and see how far I get...
    I'll keep you posted *Wink

witten1972, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Unknown user account on new computer

Unknown second user account

I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours.

I also get a pop up from Tweakbit which wants me to use it to clean up my computer. I'm ignoring that.

I subscribe to Eset and have scanned my laptop several timesusing the Eset scan and have come out with a completely clean bill of health.

Any suggestions of how to rid myself completely of this unknown second account user?

CHARLES FARR, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Unknown user account on new computer

1. Unknown user account on new computer - Similar Threads - Unknown user account

2. Copy user unknown account to another user.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy user unknown account to another user.: Hello, I need a way to copy or merge an unknown account user with another user account. This issue arose when I disconnected my work or school account under the settings - accounts - access work or school. I was having issues as the Azure account was limiting some control...
  3. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  4. Account Unknown user account from Local type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Unknown user account from Local type: Hello MS Community! - I'm having some issues regarding users on my PC, the problem basically is that there are 4 " Account Unknown " in my users profile all of them has different sizes, I'm currently only got 1 active account which I'm logged in and use as my main also,...
  5. there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS: On a previous computer running Windows 7 my husband and I were two Users. However, he always used mine - because that was what was open, or on the opening/startup page he usually clicked on my icon. We had Windows 10 installed on a new PC, and had the content transferred...
  6. Unknown account on my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown account on my computer: Hello, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. Because I use my laptop at home only, I don’t need a password on startup. One week ego something has change I don’t know why and on startup. Now on start up I see a screen with window for password and in bottom left corner...
  7. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  8. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...
  9. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...
  10. Unknown second user account

Unknown second user account: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours. I...