Windows 10: Unknown User Account

Discus and support Unknown User Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Agh55, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Agh55 Win User

Unknown User Account

Hi

I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password.

I never created this account and when I try to view the account via the Control Panel it is not there. If I run an elevated Command prompt, run netplwiz, I can see the following;

User Accounts for \\ Desktop - KCUBMA5 is there, but my User Account is not.

I'm at a loss to how this account was created, can anyone help.

:)

Agh55, Oct 26, 2017
  2. Kris Ver Win User

Unknown User Account

Hi,

There's a high probability that this issue can be caused by a malware or
    a variety of malicious programs. Try performing a full scan on your PC using your antivirus software and check if there are any threats that will be detected.

Just to verify, since when have you been experiencing this issue? Were there any changes made on your device prior to this?

Meanwhile, let's boot your PC in safe mode. This will start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services to help troubleshoot issues. For instructions on how to start PC in safe mode, please check this link.

Note: If the issue doesn't reappear when you start your PC in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings, basic device drivers and services as possible causes.

We look forward to your response.

Kris Ver, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Unknown User Account

In my windows 10, most of the application's user name there is an unknown name which I observed is " Account Unknown(s-1-15-3-.....etc )".Is it a malware or rat or inbuilt username. Someone please tell me what it is..

* Moved from Virus & Malware

Harikrishnan27, Oct 26, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Unknown User Account

Open netplwiz. Uncheck the box for "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." Then click apply. On the window that pops up, click cancel. The check box for "Users must enter a user name....." should be checked again. Click OK.

That should get rid of the "ghost" login.

Also, how many separate user folders do you see under C:\Users?

NavyLCDR, Oct 27, 2017
  5. Agh55 Win User
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply, followed your guidance and Ghost Account has disappeared. I had only one account showing under C Users.

This forum is brilliant, any issues I ever have are always responded to promptly and my problems are fixed.

Agh55, Oct 27, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad it fixed it for you!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknown User Account

1. Unknown User Account - Similar Threads - Unknown User Account

2. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  3. Copy user unknown account to another user.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy user unknown account to another user.: Hello, I need a way to copy or merge an unknown account user with another user account. This issue arose when I disconnected my work or school account under the settings - accounts - access work or school. I was having issues as the Azure account was limiting some control...
  4. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  5. Account Unknown user account from Local type

Account Unknown user account from Local type: Hello MS Community! - I'm having some issues regarding users on my PC, the problem basically is that there are 4 " Account Unknown " in my users profile all of them has different sizes, I'm currently only got 1 active account which I'm logged in and use as my main also,...
  6. Unknown user account on new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user account on new computer: I have bought my wife a laptop and a desktop over the past year and both have created an admin account named “carol” but we do not have access to this account. my wife’s name is not carol but both computers have the same admin account. Has anyone else had this issue? The...
  7. Unknown user

Unknown user: I want to share a folder to other LAN-computers. Have Windows10 Home with all updates. When checking the users for that shared folder I discovered an unknown user ... how do I remove this guy? 147606
  8. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  9. Unknown User

Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404
  10. Unknown second user account

Unknown second user account: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours. I...