Windows 10: Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??)

Discus and support Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, Today I discovered strange account names on my laptop after trying to open files on one of my drives which also had strange names and were not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Stef0099, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Stef0099 Win User

Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??)

Hello,
    Today I discovered strange account names on my laptop after trying to open files on one of my drives which also had strange names and were not mine. I suspect my laptop is infected with some kind of malware but unfortunately all scans (malwarebytes, f-secure, hitmanpro,..)do not flag up a specific threat.
    I attach a printscreen:

The above two windows indicate the useraccounts (see top two) with content of one of them (top right). The down-left window indicates the files I tried to open and which may have installed some malware an created these accounts (not sure however if they were there already before).

Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??) [​IMG]

Furthermore each time I try to delete the random named folders-files on drive D (bottom left window of the printscreen), they re-appear with different names...

I did not try to remove the useer accounts yet and have no idea how I safely could.
    Please help.
    Kind regards
    Stef

:)

Stef0099, Feb 25, 2017

2. Unknown User Account

In my windows 10, most of the application's user name there is an unknown name which I observed is " Account Unknown(s-1-15-3-.....etc )".Is it a malware or rat or inbuilt username. Someone please tell me what it is..

* Moved from Virus & Malware

Harikrishnan27, Feb 25, 2017
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to reassign ownership/permission from one user (deleted) to another systematically in Windows 10

Hi Roland,

The Account Unknown user account is an user account that was created and then deleted at some point. This usually appears because "S-1-5-21......." is no longer stored as user account.

For more information about Account Unknown, please check the following thread:

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Feb 25, 2017
  4. Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??)

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
  5. Stef0099 Win User
    Thanks for the reply Ken.
    I am not using Eset but I did install a number of weeks ago Cybereason Ransomfree...Could this program be doing this?

Stef0099, Mar 10, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Could be...

In Progress - Strange Folders | Tech Support Guy

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??)

1. Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??) - Similar Threads - Unknown User accounts

2. Malware related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware related: I want to inform you that I recently download a cracked game and defender detects some malware and I remove them by defender. And now the game running very smoothly and my computer does not detect any defect. Should I uninstall the game or I can play this...
  3. Malware related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware related: I want to inform you that I recently download a cracked game and defender detects some malware and I remove them by defender. And now the game running very smoothly and my computer does not detect any defect. Should I uninstall the game or I can play this...
  4. Account unknown related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account unknown related: Can you tell me that i recently notice account unknown S-1-15 is showing in my user folder and windows properties security lab and also I notice that a S-1-15 folder created automatically. But it is not showing at first. It shows suddenly can you tell me does this account...
  5. Account unknown related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account unknown related: Can you tell me that i recently notice account unknown S-1-15 is showing in my user folder and windows properties security lab and also I notice that a S-1-15 folder created automatically. But it is not showing at first. It shows suddenly can you tell me does this account...
  6. Malware - Unknown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware - Unknown: I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup. [ATTACH] I've run Defender: Nothing detected. I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected. Please advise. Thank you....
  7. Unknown user account has appeared. How can I delete it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user account has appeared. How can I delete it?: My wife's computer shows only one account in the Users Account tab in the control panel: <"wife", Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected>. When I logged on as "wife" and tried to save some files it said I didn't have proper permissions. In the C:\Users folder there...
  8. Related to user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Related to user accounts: I gave my only Admin user account the permission of owner from advanced settings because i wasn't able access some files. Now I cannot see that user account on my sign-in interface. I can't even make a new user admin account. Help me get another admin user account instead or...
  9. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  10. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown account malware