Windows 10: Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...

Discus and support Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I am using a Windows 10 Computer which I use to run a particular program which is important to my business. The program has to be run with admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Techie_Nerd, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...

So I am using a Windows 10 Computer which I use to run a particular program which is important to my business. The program has to be run with admin rights. The computer never had any password before and I was able to run the program directly without any password.

Yesterday I find that I am unable to run any program with admin rights including the one which I use as there is password prompt for some user called “CDDaemonUser” which I am unable to bypass.

I can see that there are 2 users now on the system, myself and CDDAEMONUSER. I am logging in as myself without any password but even then I am being as for password for trying to run any programs with admin rights or making any changes to the system by Cddaemonuser.

I tried a few methods on the internet for bypassing the password or changing user, but every methods eventually leads to a point where some setting has to be changed and it asks for the password.

I have tried going back to a restore point or starting command prompt from the troubleshooting startup menu but everytime it asks me for the password.

I really need to run the program, pls someone advise how I can fix this.

submitted by /u/Techie_Nerd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Techie_Nerd, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 25, 2021
  4. 7of9 Win User

Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...

Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10.

Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password.

Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong.

Earlier today, I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default.

I followed directions I found on the web, activated the sys admin account, went to the sys admin account, the users app data tabletray..... But I kept getting the error that something " was already in use" and I couldn't copy all the files.
    I went ahead and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account.
    then I disabled the sys admin account.

Now, some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared. I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on (MSI afterburner.....). And any program that needs admin access, I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access. Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off, I have to do it all over again.

when a program asks for elevated access, it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box. Is that normal? I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before.

If I have to re-install, where do I get the free win10 upgrade again? are those files saved on my pc?

Thema:

Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...

1. Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,... - Similar Threads - Unknown user “CDDaemonUser”

2. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  3. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  4. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  5. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  6. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials: Hi there is it possible to have a user run a program with admin rights, without manually adding the credentials everytime the program is run? A company just told me because the program runs with admin credentials it works and we need to do it that way. The user is already a...
  8. UAC asks for admin password regardless of user rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC asks for admin password regardless of user rights: Windows 10, workgroup schema: One of my clients is changing line-of-business software and I was told the users need write permissions to the folder where the new client program resides. C:\program files x86 \ folder. ONE user is having an issue. She has to call over an...
  9. Unknown program running - any ideas on what it is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown program running - any ideas on what it is?: Windows 10 x 64 Microsoft Windows Version 1903 There is a strange icon in my task manager that I've never noticed before. It has no identifiers and when closed it automatically restarts. Any help is appreciated. Screen shot included. [img] This consistent uses about 20 mb...
  10. Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords: I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10. Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password. Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong....