Windows 10: Unknown user id listed inside the computer management console

Discus and support Unknown user id listed inside the computer management console in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo W530, loaded, running Windows 10 Pro. Today I opened the Built in Windows system utility, "Computer Management", which allows me to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RichardET, Jul 31, 2016.

1. RichardET Win User

Unknown user id listed inside the computer management console

I have a Lenovo W530, loaded, running Windows 10 Pro. Today I opened the Built in Windows system utility, "Computer Management", which allows me to view all aspects of the system, and under users, I noticed a rather strange entry for a user name: tvsu_tmp_ycghaMRMGP. It was listed as an administrator but it was not currently enabled. Was this a hack or was this some remote session I might have had with Lenovo Tech support, in years past? Or was this a dummy account Windows used when Windows 10 Pro was installed over Windows 8.1 Pro? I have been keeping this laptop as my Windows native backup system, and love the power of this workstation class laptop, but these types of incidents bother me with Windows. Anyone else see such strange user entries before? I ran Defender, no incidents recorded.

:)

RichardET, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Pampro Win User

elevated command prompt does not have a program associated (Windows 10)

I managed to get this to download by using Chrome. But when I attempt to use it this is the error message:

An error occurred

An error occurred while troubleshooting:

A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting.

Package ID: Unknown

Path: Unknown

Error code: 0x80070005

Source: Engine

User: [computer name]

Context: Restricted

Pampro, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Who are the many User ID's I don't recognize, identified as; S-1-5-18

WHO are all the User ID's listed such as, "S-1-5-18" (and MANY more with similar numbers like that, some much longer, some with "S-1-5-19", etc, etc?

I see these unknown User ID's often when I look in EVENT VIEWER and/or in the PROPERTIES area of a file or something as being a USER ID that has rights and Security Clearances that I never gave permission for. WHO or WHAT are they, and are they GOOD or
    BAD? These weird Numbered ID's seem to exert power over options & control in my Computer.

Sherry Lynn & Bry, Jul 31, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Unknown user id listed inside the computer management console - Similar Threads - Unknown user listed

2. Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap": I recently needed to uninstall Kaspersky Premium App and then reinstall as I had received an error saying there were corrupted files. Kaspersky now seems ok. I have an unknown device in Device Manager with a path ROOT\NET\0001 and a hardware ID = "kltap". The error seems to...
  3. Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap": I recently needed to uninstall Kaspersky Premium App and then reinstall as I had received an error saying there were corrupted files. Kaspersky now seems ok. I have an unknown device in Device Manager with a path ROOT\NET\0001 and a hardware ID = "kltap". The error seems to...
  4. Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager: I am attempting to set up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones to my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1466 machine.I can connect the headphones just fine and they end up showing up as "paired" once done. However, according to Sony's user manual, a voice...
  6. Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager: I am attempting to set up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones to my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1466 machine.I can connect the headphones just fine and they end up showing up as "paired" once done. However, according to Sony's user manual, a voice...
  7. Unknown Device in Device Manager, Hardware ID *SysToolDevice

Unknown Device in Device Manager, Hardware ID *SysToolDevice: Hey, I opened up Device Manager and under Other Devices, there was an unknown device, who's hardware Id was *SysToolDevice. I tried updating the driver through Device Manager through the automatic updater, but it didn't work. I don't really want to uninstall it just in...
  8. management console

in Windows 10 Support
    management console: recently I reinstalled windows 10 home edition on my hp laptop and since then the microsoft management console is appearing each time I try to open settings or services ect. why is this happening it didn't before. 127302
  9. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager: I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are...
  10. Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console: For some reason the device manager on three of my computers has disappeared from the computer management console. I can access the device manager via control panel or the settings for windows 10, but not via the computer management console. It is there when I first install...