Windows 10: Unknown user on login screen

Discus and support Unknown user on login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10 pro on a self build computer. My login screen shows 4 users which I will call Bill, Ben, Little Weed and Richard. Local... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RichardDad, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Unknown user on login screen

I've just installed Windows 10 pro on a self build computer. My login screen shows 4 users which I will call Bill, Ben, Little Weed and Richard. Local users in computer management shows the following accounts; Bill, Ben, Little Weed, Administrator, default account, guest and WDAGUtility, there is no sign of the Richard account. When I start the computer it try's to log in with the Richard account and returns "incorrect password" I have tried all the passwords I created when I installed Windows with no luck. I can login with any of the 3 other accounts. Any idea how I get rid of this Richard account or at least get the default login to be one of the other 3 accounts?

Thanks

:)

RichardDad, Feb 11, 2021
  2. briang99 Win User

Unknown user account at windows 10 login screen

I have the same issue but I have 11 users and now on the log in screen I have 11 user names and 11 of the "password" with the "key" next to them. So, that's 22 logins on the lock screen. The "password" logins are actually the users. I am trying to get rid
    of the "password" tabs so only my user names show on the login screen. I checked for the registry folder you mentioned and it is not in the list.

Any other suggestions?

briang99, Feb 11, 2021
  3. KDU1234 Win User
    Unknown user account at windows 10 login screen

In my windows 10 login screen there's an unknown account as Password which when clicked prompt to enter my password and when i typed my password i can login to my account. There's only one account in my laptop and this other account is not showing anywhere
    else like in user account management i just need to remove this "Password" entry from account list in login screen. plz help. Image is attached.
    Unknown user on login screen c52e035f-16f3-4fda-921a-0980fe0a9b81.jpg

KDU1234, Feb 11, 2021
  4. marknyy Win User

Unknown user on login screen

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Unknown user on login screen

1. Unknown user on login screen - Similar Threads - Unknown user login

2. All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password: On Windows 11 upgraded from 10 some very forgettable number of months ago. On boot the login screen suddenly has no switch user option.There are 2 user accounts, one myself, one my wife. Neither account comes up as an option, instead a "new user" is selected, with an unknown...
  3. All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password: On Windows 11 upgraded from 10 some very forgettable number of months ago. On boot the login screen suddenly has no switch user option.There are 2 user accounts, one myself, one my wife. Neither account comes up as an option, instead a "new user" is selected, with an unknown...
  4. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  5. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  6. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  7. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  8. Unknown user added to sign in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user added to sign in screen: Yesterday, upon re-starting my computer after a windows software update, I noticed that there was a new user on my sign in screen. I clicked on it and it "set up" account, prior to me logging out and signing in to my own admin account. I tried deleting the new user through...
  9. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown user: I want to share a folder to other LAN-computers. Have Windows10 Home with all updates. When checking the users for that shared folder I discovered an unknown user ... how do I remove this guy? 147606
  10. Unknown User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown user in lock screen windows 10