Windows 10: Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction

Discus and support Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason, my PC refuses to type the lower case b. It works for about 1 minute after reboot and then it stops working. The strange part is, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IsaakJames, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction

For some reason, my PC refuses to type the lower case b. It works for about 1 minute after reboot and then it stops working. The strange part is, when I use caps lock + b, lower case b works. Alternatively, when I use Shift + b the uppercase letter works. Using Caps Lock + b for some reason is registering as a lower case not upper. I'm not sure what happened ... I did not install any new programs.I used an online keyboard tester, and the letter is registering as being pressed, but it does not show up on the screen. I have tested multiple keyboards and the same fault is present.I have run the k

:)

IsaakJames, Aug 17, 2022

2. Keyboard is malfunctioning in Windows 10

Hi Abhijeet,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did the keyboard worked properly before installing the update (KB3081424)?
    • Have you tried to connect the external keyboard?
    • Is the system connected to domain?

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Update the keyboard drivers

1) Press Windows + R keys on the Keyboard.

2) Type devmgmt.msc in the Open text box.

3) Expand Keyboard from the window.

4) Right- click on the drivers and select
    update driver software

5) Follow the onscreen instruction to update to the latest drivers.

If the issue still persists, then perform the above steps again up to
    step 4 and you may try to right click on keyboard drivers and select
    Uninstall. Then reboot the laptop and check whether the keyboards drivers are installed.

If the issue still persists, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to install the latest driver updates through Windows updates and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows
      update in the search bar.
    • Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates
    • Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 3:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

If the issue still persists, then contact the device manufacturer to download the latest keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad
    to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 17, 2022
  3. keyboard malfunction

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of keyboard malfunctioning. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to the Search box next to Windows Icon & type Troubleshoot.

Step 2:

Under Find and Fix other problems select Keyboard

Step 3:

Then click on Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart the PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction

1. Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction - Similar Threads - Unknown issue causing

2. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  3. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  4. Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction: For some reason, my PC refuses to type the lower case b. It works for about 1 minute after reboot and then it stops working. The strange part is, when I use caps lock + b, lower case b works. Alternatively, when I use Shift + b the uppercase letter works. Using Caps Lock + b...
  5. Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction: When pressing the windows key the computer suddenly shutdown, onscreen keyboard works, how can I the keyboard to its original function?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/625080ec-1b8e-4f45-b753-ceac079b631e
  6. Keyboard Malfunction

Keyboard Malfunction: So I have two keyboards, Razer Ornata and a HyperX alloy, both keyboards will randomly open shortcuts and stop typing. they do it randomly and whenever. I have to restart my PC every time this happens to fix it, anyone got any idea why this is happening. I've changed USB...
  7. BSOD, possible hardware malfunction causing issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, possible hardware malfunction causing issue?: Over the past week or two my PC has been seemingly restarting at random due to various BSOD's. After uninstalling a Nord VPN a few days ago it has happened much less frequently. It has gone down from 3 times a day to happening only once or possibly twice since then. I say...
  8. unknown keyboard issue

unknown keyboard issue: So I have a Cherry G80-5000 with an active converter to usb from ps/2 with this problem Here's the problem, whenever i hold down one key, say W, it works properly, when i add a second key like S, it works fine to, it sees W and S being held down normally, BUT when i release...
  9. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...
  10. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: my keyboard is malfunctioning. Every time I type "a" or "s" both appear as "sa". Im currently using auto correct to type this message. Any advice on what can be done to resolve this problem? Example; I need to hesad to the gsasa satsation to refuel my csar...