Windows 10: Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

Discus and support Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There is an application under the "startup apps" of task manager and cannot find the application which is related that. And cannot find the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thulan Amarasinghe, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

There is an application under the "startup apps" of task manager and cannot find the application which is related that. And cannot find the file location as well. And the name of this application contains ~ 150 characters with simple letters, capital letters and numbers. How to find the process applications mapped to this?

:)

Thulan Amarasinghe, Mar 19, 2023
  2. FTWitachi Win User

Startup programs not launching on startup

Replying to Brink none of that works here is why-
    Step 1- No items listed in startup on task manager as stated.
    Step 2- I dont have shell:Startup on the pc as it cannot be located
    Step 3- I dont understand that option also the startup folder cannot be found
    Step 4- No apps showing under startup on settings
    Step 5- Dont have access to advanced options at all for any apps
    Step 6- Doesn't work.

Thanks for trying

- - - Updated - - -
    @dalchina, Will try the program now and no I have no suitable restore points and also nothing that I am aware of has been updated besides for Windows Updates but nothing major. WIll respond once I try the program.

FTWitachi, Mar 19, 2023
  3. mystvearn Win User
    Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

1. Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location - Similar Threads - Unkown startup app

2. Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location: There is an application under the "startup apps" of task manager and cannot find the application which is related that. And cannot find the file location as well. And the name of this application contains ~ 150 characters with simple letters, capital letters and numbers. How...
  3. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  4. Cannot locate App File Location

Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  5. My GameBar Recording Got Put In A Unkown Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My GameBar Recording Got Put In A Unkown Location: I was recording a youtube video yesterday using gamebar. I have my captures folder on a external drive, which I didn't have connected at the time. I can't find the recording, and I want to know whether it's in a temp folder somewhere, or it got deleted....
  6. File Explorer - Account Unkown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Explorer - Account Unkown: Olhando em propriedades, seguranca, groups or user names, do meu computador o Windows exibe conta desconhecida imagem a seguir. Como obter passo a passo para eliminar do computador com Windows 10 Home versao 1909? Creio que eu perguntei isso ha muitos meses atras... As...
  7. How to reset file location name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset file location name?: How do I change the file location name on my laptop? Currently running with Windows 10. File location example: C:\Users\brook\Downloads. I don't want it to say "brook". I want to be able to change that....
  8. Clearing out unwanted app at startup

Clearing out unwanted app at startup: I have loaded up a Wacom pad and am very happy with it. BUT The Wacom desktop centre app automatically loads at startup. As I started to use the pad, this was helpful but I have now created a desktop item for that and have now tried to remove the automatic startup at booting...
  9. how to find a saved document from notepad. file name unkown

how to find a saved document from notepad. file name unkown: help to find document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/how-to-find-a-saved-document-from-notepad-file/e3af08d5-9f76-4a32-b3d1-409932be885e
  10. "Hibernate" file name and location

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hibernate" file name and location: What, if any, is the name and location of the file that hibernates Windows, please? I understand that hibernation can be initiated via "shutdown /h" but that's not what I seek. Thanks. 22140