Windows 10: Unkown user is taking a lot of space

Discus and support Unkown user is taking a lot of space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlazeRav, Oct 29, 2022.

1. BlazeRav Win User

Unkown user is taking a lot of space

I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and disabled using command prompt. Recently the other users in the storage setting window are showing 92 GB. I am not able to access the HKEY_LOCAL_USER/SAM/SAM registry due to me having school antivirus which sort of hides itself and stops me from deleting and or modifying its data. I have tried to delete the administrator a

:)

BlazeRav, Oct 29, 2022
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 29, 2022
  3. NWLLNW Win User
    Windows 10 Other Users taking up a lot of space

Hello,

I am using Windows 10. I have the same issue but have not been able to resolve it.

Could you explain in detail how you found data from the "other users"? I did a system restore after creating 2 additional users, back to when I only had one user. But one "other user" was still taking up data under settings>system>storage>other users....
    I then deleted this other user via the settings app and it did not give me back the space, it still says that "other users" are taking up the same amount of space even thought the other users have been deleted again, after they should have been gone from the
    system restore.

Disc clean-up provides me no door into other users accounts, nor does it delete the other users missing hidden files, so I am at a loss as to how you found the data and deleted it?

Thanks

NWLLNW, Oct 29, 2022
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Unkown user is taking a lot of space - Similar Threads - Unkown user taking

2. Unkown user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown user account: Hello, I found an unknown user account named "User_123" on my laptop a couple of days ago. Though I deleted the account, I want to know how this account was created, as I do not remember making such a user account. I ran a full system scan through my third-party anti-virus...
  3. Unkown user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkown user account: Hello, I found an unknown user account named "User_123" on my laptop a couple of days ago. Though I deleted the account, I want to know how this account was created, as I do not remember making such a user account. I ran a full system scan through my third-party anti-virus...
  4. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  7. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  8. Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space

Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space: I have a user running out of disk space. When we check the Storage it shows C:\Users\Public\Documents taking up 56 GB. But when we open the folder and view the properties it only shows 1.10GB being used. I have turned on hidden files and folder and there are no folders taking...
  9. My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space: I wanted to update a game of mine but I don’t have enough storage left (after some playing around I went from 9,8GB free space to 16,8GB, so at least that) when I look into the storage overview it says that my apps&features take 174GB, but once I look into the details, the...
  10. User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space: I have a 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD but the SSD is full, even though all of my photos and videos and documents are on the HDD. I downloaded TreeSize Free and it shows that there are 66.9 GB or so in my user folder. How can I free up some of this space?[ATTACH]...