Windows 10: Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10

Discus and support Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In many ways, Microsoft’s newly launched Chromium-powered Edge browser is better than Google Chrome. For example, it comes with a modern interface,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 16, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10

In many ways, Microsoft’s newly launched Chromium-powered Edge browser is better than Google Chrome. For example, it comes with a modern interface, icons in the menu for accessibility, customizable profile icons and more. The browser is also set to receive smooth scrolling, better accessibility, media features and other features in the coming weeks.

Chromium-based Microsoft Edge has a better way to quickly deal with sites playing audio. There are many forms of audio content that you may find disruptive or you may just want to mute a particular tab. For instance, if you have multiple tabs of YouTube opened, you can mute a particular tab instead of muting the entire website.

In Google Chrome, you can mute sites by right-clicking on a tab and selecting the mute option, but there’s no way to mute a particular tab. Microsoft Edge, which is also powered by Chromium, comes with an option to mute a particular tab.

In the latest build of Chromium-based Edge browser, you can mute tabs temporarily by right-clicking on them and selecting Mute Tab option.

Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10 Edge-mute-tab.jpg

That means if you open multiple pages of YouTube or Spotify opened, you can mute a particular tab without affecting the other tabs of the same website.

It’s worth noting that this feature mutes a tab temporary and if you decide to close and reopen the tab, the tab will be unmuted.

Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10 Edge-mute-audio.jpg

As shown in the screenshot above, you can also mute a tab temporary by clicking on the sound icon located at the top left corner, but the audio must be playing actively for the icon to show up.

The post Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Kelemvor Win User

Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Howdy,

I'm looking for a way that I can completely Mute certain Edge tabs or just Edge in general. When I open up the Sound Mixer, I see various programs that I can mute, Chrome, Firefox, etc but Edge doesn't show up in the list. Is there any other way to mute Edge specifically that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

Kelemvor, Apr 16, 2019
  3. alex07 Win User
    Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Microsoft Edge now supports feature to mute a tab or multiple tabs. You just need to click on volume icon of audio playing tab. However, this feature has come with preview build (17035) of Windows 10 and not in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. So, this will be a native feature of Microsoft Edge in the next update of Windows 10.
    Source: How To Mute Individual Tabs In Microsoft Edge Browser

alex07, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10

Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10

1. Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unlike Chrome Microsoft’s

2. Microsoft will pay you if you use Edge instead of Chrome on Windows 11, Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will pay you if you use Edge instead of Chrome on Windows 11, Windows 10: Following adverts being run on Outlook for iOS, Microsoft is now rolling out more advertisements promoting Microsoft Edge. This time on Windows. Microsoft has started testing new advertisements to push its Chromium-based Edge to Windows 10 and 11 users. Ads for Edge on...
  3. A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10k3o7p/a_new_feature_in_microsoft_edge_could_soon_let/
  4. Microsoft Edge will let you add your favorite sites to the new Sidebar.

Microsoft Edge will let you add your favorite sites to the new Sidebar.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vz105m/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_add_your_favorite/
  5. Microsoft Edge will let you reorder tabs using keyboard shortcuts.

Microsoft Edge will let you reorder tabs using keyboard shortcuts.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ueugjy/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_reorder_tabs_using/
  6. Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.

Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tskh7i/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_pin_tab_groups/
  7. Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!

Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0ssamaak0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8xp0j/lets_appreciate_edges_new_vertical_tabs_and/
  8. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  9. Chrome to get Microsoft Edge like tab preview feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome to get Microsoft Edge like tab preview feature on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge may have failed to gain the desired market share but the browser comes with some useful features such as tab preview. Microsoft Edge comes with a feature that lets you preview the opened tab pages without visiting them and it appears that Google is also...
  10. Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Mute and Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...