Windows 10: Unlink combined contacts - People app

Discus and support Unlink combined contacts - People app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ninaco, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Ninaco Win User

Unlink combined contacts - People app

I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a family member of my contact, but now all the telehone numbers are put together and I do not know which one goes with which brother. How can I unlink these combined contacts?

***Original Title: Undo combined contacts***

:)

Ninaco, Feb 14, 2019

2. Unlink contacts that have been linked by Windows 10 People app

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Open people app and select the link option from top right options.
    • Now click on the contact you want to unlink.
    • Select unlink.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 14, 2019
  3. Billy Med Win User
    App people wrongly chainnig contacts and not possible to cancel

Hi,

In order to unlink some contacts on your People app, w e recommend that you do the following steps:

• Open people app and select the link option from top right options.
    • Now click on the contact you want to unlink.
    • Select Unlink.
    Let us know how it goes.

Billy Med, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Unlink combined contacts - People app

People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Unlink combined contacts - People app

1. Unlink combined contacts - People app - Similar Threads - Unlink combined contacts

2. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  3. How to unlink incorrectly linked / combined contacts in People app in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink incorrectly linked / combined contacts in People app in Windows 10 ?: I have just discovered contact records showing info combined from two records which should not be merged. How do I unlink these records? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlink-incorrectly-linked-combined-contacts/40b8e25e-66fe-40fb-a58e-2a3a082829c8
  4. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  5. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  6. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  7. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  8. How to unlink combine contacts in People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink combine contacts in People app: I have a problem with the People app. It started when I added a new contact to this app and was recommended to combine this contact with another. I did it and combined the contact with another on my list. Currently I have all the telephone numbers together confused and I am...
  9. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  10. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. undo combined contacts

2. win10 people app combined

3. accessing People database in Windows phone to unlink

4. microsoft people combined contacts,
  5. unlink contacts in windows people app