Windows 10: Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC

Discus and support Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I unlink a family member Microsoft account from my laptop running Windows 10? Family member used my laptop and now their email account shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D2CY, Apr 10, 2019.

1. D2CY Win User

Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC

How do I unlink a family member Microsoft account from my laptop running Windows 10? Family member used my laptop and now their email account shows up under my profile instead of mine.

:)

2. Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC

adding a family member to my MS account

My husband and I have always shared one family email address that is used for both of us. In setting up a new PC this past week, I have tried to add him as a "Family" member to my account but I seem to be working in a "circle". I go through the process
    of adding a family member to my MS account; I receive the email to confirm; I go back to the MS website and "accept" and when it says to sign out so that the new family member can sign in - when he uses our joint email address to sign in, of course it is just
    me signing in again and not a new family member. We both use the same email; we both share the same uploaded pictures so we are fine with the exact same desktop configurations. But how do I add him if he uses the same email as I do?

MicheleValliere, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC

1. Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC - Similar Threads - Unlink family member

2. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: I am trying to add a family member to MS365. After adding the new family member the recipient can see my invite in the family account. Accepting the invitation seems to work but then drops back to the initial screen to accept invite. After trying this multiple times the...
  3. HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???: hello there,So basically, I opened settings on my PC and there in accounts I saw a "stop signing to all Microsoft apps automatically", from privacy pov i clicked on it but then i guess i was moved to local account automatically. As i noticed change becasue always under my...
  4. HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???: hello there,So basically, I opened settings on my PC and there in accounts I saw a "stop signing to all Microsoft apps automatically", from privacy pov i clicked on it but then i guess i was moved to local account automatically. As i noticed change becasue always under my...
  5. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  6. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  7. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: Hi, My wife has an MS account. I have logged on to my account and invited her to join the family to benefit from MS 365 as an organiser. It shows under "Notifications" that her invite is pending. The invite did NOT generate an email to my wife. I have left matters for a...
  8. Unable to remove "family member" from my PC.

Unable to remove "family member" from my PC.: I have seen numerous posts about this and have not found any solutions. SHORT VERSION: I cannot delete a member from the family section on my PC, even though there is no online family account. LONGER VERSION: I use my primary email we'll call it Email 1 for my PC...
  9. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...