Windows 10: Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer

Discus and support Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, could you please help me? I would like to know if it is possible to unlink my windows 10 license from my microsoft account and how because i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndreaTuorlo, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer

Hello, could you please help me? I would like to know if it is possible to unlink my windows 10 license from my microsoft account and how because i need to sell my computer. Just to clarify: I want to sell my PC to somebody else WITH the windows license BUT WITHOUT my account on it. Thank you very much if you can help me.

:)

AndreaTuorlo, Jul 10, 2020

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 10, 2020
  3. How do I manage the link between a Windows 10 license and a Microsoft account?

In at least two help pages, Microsoft explains that a Windows 10 license can be linked to a Microsoft account, allowing it to be easily moved between computers:

According to this documentation, this is the case when the Windows activation settings display the following message:

Apparently, this is a new feature that was introduced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

I would like to know if there is any way to manage this link between the digital license and the Microsoft account. Specifically, I would like to:

• See which Microsoft account the license is linked to. I have two users set up on this computer and they are linked to different Microsoft accounts. After checking the activation settings, I realized that the license on that computer was automatically bound to some Microsoft account at some point, but it's not telling me which account it has been bound to. (Is it possible that it is linked to both accounts at the same time?)
    • Unlink the license from a Microsoft account, and possibly re-link it to a different account. This would be useful if I want to give away or sell my computer, for example.

Etienne Dechamps, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer

How to deactivate Windows 10 I got from Microsoft Imagine in order to sell PC

My university is part of Microsoft Imagine program and this is how I got product key for Windows 10.

In meantime I got new machine and installed Windows 10 with same product key.

I want to sell my old PC.

What I have tried in order to remove license on old PC:

1. Formatting hard drive of old PC did not work, as soon as I reinstalled windows it activated itself with digital license.
    2. Running slmgr /upk (In order to uninstall product key) did not work, as soon as I restarted Windows activated itself with digital license.
    3. Running following commands:

slmgr /upk in order to uninstall product key

slmgr /cpky - this clears product key from registry

slmgr /rearm - to reset licensing status of the machine

At first this seemed to help, I restarted machine several times and Windows was deactivated.

But when I performed update of the machine (Windows Update) it activated itself again.

I simply can not believe there is no easy way to do this.

I do not want to sell my PC in this state, because even if completely format my HDD, the person who buys it can simply reinstall and get copy of Windows for free.

I know that license is somehow tied to my hardware components(motherboard mostly) but changing motherboard is not an option and I find frustrating there is no easy way to do this.

Also linking to Microsoft account is not an option, it requires login with account password but new computer is used by multiple people.

Edit in response to comments:

• I built new computer myself.
    • Old machine was not connected nor installed with Microsoft Account.
    • Running slmgr /dlv on command line gives "Retail" for "Product Key Channel" so type of the license is Retail I suppose.
    • Trying to activate Pro edition, also Pro edition was installed on old pc.
    • When installing Windows on new machine I did not enter product key, I entered product key after installation in Settings.

Bojan Malinić, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer

1. Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer - Similar Threads - Unlink license microsoft

2. selling a Windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selling a Windows license: I recently sold a computer on which I had installed Windows 10 Pro. Before selling, I wiped the hard drive, including the Windows installation. May I now sell the Windows license?...
  3. Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license: Hello everyone My Microsoft account has a windows 10 digital license linked to it, I want to remove it and link another account to the digital license. Is that possible?...
  4. Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license: Hello everyone My Microsoft account has a windows 10 digital license linked to it, I want to remove it and link another account to the digital license. Is that possible?...
  5. Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. unlink license from account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unlink license from account: is there a way to unlink my windows license from my microsoft account? don't ask why, it's a bit complicated to explain right now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-license-from-account/4aca470f-4fa7-479a-a9e8-d4def4743847
  7. unlink two computers on the same microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink two computers on the same microsoft account: I have two computers. 1. One is a new computer which I set up on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The other one is an old computer computer 2 that Dell reset and installed a new windows installation on. When I did the setup I also put it on the *** Email...
  8. Unlink Microsoft work account

Unlink Microsoft work account: How can I unlink my Microsoft work account? If I go to Settings > Email & accounts, under "Accounts used by other apps" I see my work account. The only option I see with this account is "Manage". I don't see a delete option. And when I select "Manage" it takes me to my...
  9. Unlink Microsoft account

Unlink Microsoft account: So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on. How do I unlink my Microsoft account while keeping the local account intact? The computer is using Windows 10, and I don’t think there are backups. I need...
  10. HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??: I was trying to fix something with my pc game and I went in to the xbox app and signed in on my computer for the first time. it then said it would link this to my whole computer and because this was my old xbox account it was family restricted. now I cant do anything and my...