Windows 10: Unlink Microsoft account

Discus and support Unlink Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on. How do I unlink my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by W1ll Du, Jul 3, 2019.

1. W1ll Du Win User

Unlink Microsoft account

So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on.

How do I unlink my Microsoft account while keeping the local account intact?

The computer is using Windows 10, and I don’t think there are backups. I need all current files to stay.

:)

W1ll Du, Jul 3, 2019

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Deleting a Microsoft account

Sure thing, you can just "unlink" it, here's how:

• Go to Settings app, choose Accounts
    • Click "Sign in with a local account instead" and finish out the steps

That's all there is to it Unlink Microsoft account :)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 3, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Unlink Microsoft account

Link or Unlink OneDrive with Microsoft Account in Windows 10

One question Shawn...
    Now that my OneDrive folder and subfolders are moved and setup to the 2nd internal disk,

Unlink Microsoft account [​IMG]

can I delete the whole folder on my C: drive in my User folder on the C: drive? Or should I leave well enough alone?

Unlink Microsoft account [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Unlink Microsoft account

1. Unlink Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unlink Microsoft account

2. Cant unlink microsoft online account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant unlink microsoft online account: I created a local account because I dont want to use aby of the Microsoft online facilities - they are cumbersome and overbearing.2 weeks later, I get a prompt to back up PC so I think Ok, good idea - it asks me to login to OneDrive so I do.As soon as I log in, my Chrome...
  3. How to completely unlink Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to completely unlink Microsoft accounts: I just got a new laptop for gaming. I signed in my Microsoft account but I didn't know that my Sister also uses my account and all of her files are now synced in my laptop. I tried to Unlink in the settings but I think it did not completely removed her files. How can I remove...
  4. Unable to unlink my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unlink my Microsoft account: Note: This was copied from my post on r/WindowsHelp. I posted there, waited a day, and got no response, so I just assumed it got lost in the large number of posts.When I originally set up my account, I used a Microsoft account that I no longer want to use, so I have been...
  5. Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC: Hi all, If I unlink my Microsoft account from my PC will I lose any data from my user account?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlinking-microsoft-account-from-pc/db2e4c13-9130-4b30-a60d-9207c916f476
  6. unlinking accounts

unlinking accounts: Ok... I know that this question has been asked millions of times though out the last 8 years with just as many answers. However being highly frustrated with dealing with xbox issues only to find out that my local computer administrator is now linked to my xbox CHILD account...
  7. Unlink Microsoft work account

Unlink Microsoft work account: How can I unlink my Microsoft work account? If I go to Settings > Email & accounts, under "Accounts used by other apps" I see my work account. The only option I see with this account is "Manage". I don't see a delete option. And when I select "Manage" it takes me to my...
  8. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  9. Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account: I logged a Microsoft Account into Windows 10 for the first time and it automatically linked my account (this email I'm posting with) to my Windows key. The problem is I'm using Windows 10 Education from my university and I want to link my Win10 to that email instead. Is there...
  10. HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??: I was trying to fix something with my pc game and I went in to the xbox app and signed in on my computer for the first time. it then said it would link this to my whole computer and because this was my old xbox account it was family restricted. now I cant do anything and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlink microsoft account from laptop

2. unlink twitter from Outlook 365

3. unlink windows key to desktop

4. onedrive client reinstalling unlink account ,
  5. how to unlink 2 computer with microsoft,
  6. how do i unlink my laptop from my desktop,
  7. how to unlink windows 10 key,
  8. how to unlink internet explorer 365 to a windows account,
  9. unlink email accounts windows 10,
  10. unlink email account in windows 10,
  11. how to unlink outlook accounts,