Windows 10: Unlink PC from OneDrive

Discus and support Unlink PC from OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my folders including my desktop are linked to OneDrive. My local PC User folder (Local Disk (C)>Users>user folder) does not have a desktop folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeonidesCastillo, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Unlink PC from OneDrive

All my folders including my desktop are linked to OneDrive. My local PC User folder (Local Disk (C)>Users>user folder) does not have a desktop folder. If I unlink OneDrive, will a desktop folder be created?

:)

LeonidesCastillo, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 2, 2019
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Unlink PC from OneDrive ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Unlink PC from OneDrive

Silverlight blocking Onedrive files for attachments

Are you using OneDrive app or OneDrive on the web? If you are using OneDrive app you can try to remove and readd your OneDrive account, while the Microsoft Silverlight is installed, follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right click on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and click on Settings.
    • On the Account tab, click on the Unlink this PC under OneDrive.
    • Click on Unlink account to confirm.
    Let us know how it goes.

Robelene Win, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Unlink PC from OneDrive

1. Unlink PC from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Unlink OneDrive

2. Windows license status after unlink device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license status after unlink device: So I want to give my laptop to my nephew. I have read this article but wondering about the Windows license. After I remove my device from my account and reset the device, can the new owner use it like it’s a brand new laptop? My nephew already have another Windows linked to...
  3. How to unlink 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to unlink 2 laptops: When I bought my ASUS Notebook this past spring when asked by set up assistant, I believe I linked it with my old laptop without knowing it made any difference. I've barely used this one, and it shows hard drive space almost used up! I don't know how that is possible, unless...
  4. Unlink emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink emails: How do I unlink two email accounts in Hotmail? Need some help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-emails/824bac38-655f-4448-a728-b685c4b7fa08"
  5. Unlinking outlook.com from Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlinking outlook.com from Windows 10 login: Hi All. When Windows 10 upgrade last week asked if I wanted to link my login to an outlook.com account, I blindly and stupidly clicked yes and now I cannot undo it. I have read the other threads about this. I opted for a pin to use with a brand new outlook account (set up at...
  6. Unlinking 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlinking 365 account: The company I worked at had awful "loaner" laptops for people to borrow when they needed to work remotely, so I figured I'd be smart and link my work email/365 account to my personal laptop and use that instead. Problem is, I've since left the company, and now I'm getting...
  7. I can't unlink my account on onedrive

I can't unlink my account on onedrive: Hello, I am currently experiencing a problem with my onedrive app on W10 I would like to use onedrive, another Microsoft account. But when I click the "Unlink Onedrive" button, the app automatically restarts and logs in to my windows account not giving me the option to add a...
  8. my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop

my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop: after unlink onedrive, the files that i linked in to the onedrive have all disappeared. i don't know how to recover the files. all it said after unlinking onedrive was, "where are my files?" i have very important files (like school assignments) that just got deleted from my...
  9. Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...

Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...: Situation: Something made my Local Music folder point to the OneDrive Music folder. I now want to "unlink" my Local Music folder back to being only local. I tried (of course) the simple way of using properties of the local Music folder and changing the location back to...
  10. Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10: First of all,*Thumbs I'm in the process of re/ organizing OneDrive on my laptop, VM, and desktop(moved from C: drive 512GB SSD to a partition on my 2TB spinner(until I get a 2TB EVO SSD)). [img] To find the tutorial(I saw it when you first published it and forgot the...