Windows 10: Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Discus and support Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there, I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LuLuLaMour, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Hello there,

I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I get a message saying Can't stop syncing folder.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive [​IMG]

:)

LuLuLaMour, Dec 25, 2020
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

If i am clear with your description, you want to unlink Onedrive from where is synced rigth now and start a syncrhonization in the following path C:\Users\jjcla\Documents is that correct?

Then after you follow my suggestion you can achieve it, and also can choose the files you want to sync following this steps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose...

Neftali Ramirez, Dec 25, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

1. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Unlink Pictures Folder

2. How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I can't get the on-device photos folder to not be linked with my OneDrive photos. My OneDrive storage fills up whenever I put anything into my Photos folder on my PC, and I feel like I've tried every setting to turn this off. I would...
  3. How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I can't get the on-device photos folder to not be linked with my OneDrive photos. My OneDrive storage fills up whenever I put anything into my Photos folder on my PC, and I feel like I've tried every setting to turn this off. I would...
  4. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive: Hi,I need to unlink my pictures from OneDrive because my art software doesn't support the file as they have their own version of backing things up to the cloud. I tried going into my OneDrive to unlink my Pictures folder, but all I received was an error that said"The folder...
  5. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive: Hi,I need to unlink my pictures from OneDrive because my art software doesn't support the file as they have their own version of backing things up to the cloud. I tried going into my OneDrive to unlink my Pictures folder, but all I received was an error that said"The folder...
  6. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

7. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11: try to relocate the photos folder after reinstall windows 11, but doesn't allow me to do that, which the photos is linked to onedrive, which i cannot chnage anything, thanks for any help...
  8. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11

How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11: try to relocate the photos folder after reinstall windows 11, but doesn't allow me to do that, which the photos is linked to onedrive, which i cannot chnage anything, thanks for any help...
  9. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive

How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive: I can not move my Pictures folder out of OneDrive. When I try to change the location from the Properties window in Explorer, the error message I get is "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." And...
  10. unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders

unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders: i expanded my onedrive to premium , unlinked it to change hard drive and after that all my data deleted from its folders , i got my desktop clear and documents folder lost its 3 gb of data , there are nothing in current folders or in the cloud , they are empty , how that is...