Windows 10: unlink two computers on the same microsoft account

Discus and support unlink two computers on the same microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two computers. 1. One is a new computer which I set up on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The other one is an old computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seleta, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Seleta Win User

unlink two computers on the same microsoft account

I have two computers. 1. One is a new computer which I set up on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

The other one is an old computer computer 2 that Dell reset and installed a new windows installation on.

When I did the setup I also put it on the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account

Now when I save a file on the new computer computer 1, it saves to the old computer computer 2

How can I change it so that I am not copying files from computer 1 to computer 2?

Thank you in advance for an answer.

:)

Seleta, Jun 26, 2020

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 26, 2020
  3. W1ll Du Win User
    Unlink Microsoft account

So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on.

How do I unlink my Microsoft account while keeping the local account intact?

The computer is using Windows 10, and I don’t think there are backups. I need all current files to stay.

W1ll Du, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 pro linked to Microsoft account how to unlink

Hi,

Connecting your Microsoft account to your computer can is one of the way to sync your devices. But if you would like to unlink your account, follow the steps below:

• Open settings in from the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Accounts on Windows Settings.
    • In the Your email and account, scroll down to the bottom of the page and the section marked Other accounts you use.
    • Click Remove button.

unlink two computers on the same microsoft account d90366be-db2a-4342-84ab-f226962e7716.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. unlink two computers on the same microsoft account - Similar Threads - unlink computers same

2. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  3. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  4. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  6. Two microsoft accounts with same password

Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  7. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Two microsoft accounts same email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts same email?: Hello,We recently got the Xbox Series X and when I tried to log in, I used my email, the same as I have always done, and it logged me in, but with a completely new account.We previously had the Xbox One. When my dad logged into the box series x, he had all of his rewards and...
  9. Two microsoft accounts same email?

Two microsoft accounts same email?: Hello,We recently got the Xbox Series X and when I tried to log in, I used my email, the same as I have always done, and it logged me in, but with a completely new account.We previously had the Xbox One. When my dad logged into the box series x, he had all of his rewards and...
  10. how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account?: i have a laptop and a pc, the laptop is fairly new and this is the first time i've had two computers at once. when setting up my laptop, i used the same microsoft account as the one on my pc. now, every time i install something on one, it will appear on the desktop of the...