Windows 10: Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My primary account admin on my work PC has unintentionally been linked to the Microsoft account for my son's Xbox account. I cannot delete the admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WaywardBard782, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC

My primary account admin on my work PC has unintentionally been linked to the Microsoft account for my son's Xbox account.

I cannot delete the admin account, it is linked through work.

I cannot delete the Xbox account as it has all his digital content and friends, etc.

I need to un-link the Microsoft account from the windows user account.

I have read numerous other community questions asking the same thing:

- No, there is no sign in with a local account option see screenshot below.

- No, I cannot just delete the user account.

- No, I cannot delete the Microsoft Account and start a new one, unless there is a way to transfer years/$100s of Xbox digital content to a new account.

Un-linking an account that was mistakenly automatically linked should be a simple feature for the software to provide. Please explain how I can do this.

Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC f02225c8-8738-44a6-b974-a46f6cedefa5?upload=true.png

Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC 0e4fb48d-691d-40c7-ad5f-489ec275a932?upload=true.png

:)

WaywardBard782, Dec 20, 2020

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Dec 20, 2020
  3. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC

How do I unlink Windows 10 from my microsoft account?

Hi,

We understand how important it is for you to personalize your admin account name based on your preference. At the same time, you can follow the steps below to change or unlink your Microsoft account.

Option 1: Change the sign-in screen name.

• On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app and click Accounts.
    • Go to Your email and accounts tab and click the Manage my Microsoft account link.
    • In the Microsoft account page, click Edit name.
    • After saving the new name, restart your PC.

Option 2: You also follow the suggested solution by Alden Rey in this thread: change
    administrator in windows 10
    on how to change the Microsoft account on your Windows 10 PC.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC

1. Unlinking/Changing Microsoft Account to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Unlinking Changing Microsoft

2. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  3. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  4. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC

Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC: Hi all, If I unlink my Microsoft account from my PC will I lose any data from my user account?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlinking-microsoft-account-from-pc/db2e4c13-9130-4b30-a60d-9207c916f476
  6. unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account

unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account: I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to delete any user account I do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator account Now, let me explain the problem. From my Google searches,...
  7. Unlink Microsoft account

Unlink Microsoft account: So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on. How do I unlink my Microsoft account while keeping the local account intact? The computer is using Windows 10, and I don’t think there are backups. I need...
  8. Unlink Microsoft account on my PC

Unlink Microsoft account on my PC: Hello, my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows 10 computer through settings, but I can't find a way to sign out. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-microsoft-account-on-my-pc/f975f541-ddce-4ffe-9249-40638a1500dd
  9. Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account: I logged a Microsoft Account into Windows 10 for the first time and it automatically linked my account (this email I'm posting with) to my Windows key. The problem is I'm using Windows 10 Education from my university and I want to link my Win10 to that email instead. Is there...
  10. Unlinking live account with pc

Unlinking live account with pc: I previously had signed into my @live account set up but have since removed from account via Start> settings> email & app accounts. I have also signed out of that account from applications such as Word and Excel. However, my pc is still linked to that account and shows my...