Windows 10: Unlinking files from OneDrive

Discus and support Unlinking files from OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Caitlin_, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Caitlin_ Win User

Unlinking files from OneDrive

A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I could find on all sorts of websites in order to unlink the files of sims 4 from onedrive. When I click on settings > account > choosing files, and uncheck the games map, it tells me the following:"Certain items which you wish to stop synchronisation of, are still not uploaded on onedrive. Wait until they're uploaded, cl

:)

Caitlin_, Mar 30, 2023

2. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Hello there,

I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I get a message saying Can't stop syncing folder.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Unlinking files from OneDrive 312130d1608899418t-unlink-pictures-folder-onedrive-onedrive.png

LuLuLaMour, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Silverlight blocking Onedrive files for attachments

Are you using OneDrive app or OneDrive on the web? If you are using OneDrive app you can try to remove and readd your OneDrive account, while the Microsoft Silverlight is installed, follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right click on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and click on Settings.
    • On the Account tab, click on the Unlink this PC under OneDrive.
    • Click on Unlink account to confirm.
    Let us know how it goes.

Robelene Win, Mar 30, 2023
  4. Unlinking files from OneDrive

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Unlinking files from OneDrive ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Unlinking files from OneDrive

1. Unlinking files from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Unlinking files OneDrive

2. Unlinking files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  3. unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail: can i unlink a onedrive account from a deleted gmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-a-onedrive-account-from-deleted-gmail/4591411d-cf01-4e6b-a24f-a5c4aa92d125
  4. unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail: can i unlink a onedrive account from a deleted gmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-a-onedrive-account-from-deleted-gmail/4591411d-cf01-4e6b-a24f-a5c4aa92d125
  5. OneDrive Unlink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Unlink: Hi. My pc storage is full and I was thinking of unlinking my two OneDrive accounts but I am worried that the files I have on them will be permanently removed. What should I do? I don't mind having to access them online if that's the case....
  6. Unlink OneDrive from a PC remotely

Unlink OneDrive from a PC remotely: Hi, I know how to unlink from within the OneDrive App Settings > Account >Unlink this PC. 1. Is there a centralized location/webpage from where I can manage all the linked PCs/devices and Unlink the ones I do not need? 2. How do I Unlink a PC remotely? Say for when I...
  7. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive: Hello there, I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I...
  8. unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders

unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders: i expanded my onedrive to premium , unlinked it to change hard drive and after that all my data deleted from its folders , i got my desktop clear and documents folder lost its 3 gb of data , there are nothing in current folders or in the cloud , they are empty , how that is...
  9. Unlinking OneDrive from Desktop deleted my Files & Folders

Unlinking OneDrive from Desktop deleted my Files & Folders: I recently installed OneDrive on my Laptop and synced it to My Documents and Desktop. I noticed my battery was being drained very quickly and so I decided to unsync One Drive from my Desktop but keep syncing My Documents folder. Doing this caused all of my files and...
  10. Unlink PC from OneDrive

Unlink PC from OneDrive: All my folders including my desktop are linked to OneDrive. My local PC User folder (Local Disk (C)>Users>user folder) does not have a desktop folder. If I unlink OneDrive, will a desktop folder be created?...