Windows 10: Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name

Discus and support Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I had problems with syncing my one drive and I unlinked my PC. I then added it again and synced the files from one drive to my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michele Bannister, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name

Hi,

Yesterday I had problems with syncing my one drive and I unlinked my PC. I then added it again and synced the files from one drive to my PC, which includes shared files within my company. This has now created like a second copy of the original one drive folder in my windows explorer folder structure.

The original folder name was called XXXX XXXXXX Pty Ltd but now it is calledXXXX XXXXXX Pty Ltd 1 with that number one behind the name. As a result I can now no longer merge data with Microsoft Access, because the location I am merging from has now a different folder name. Is there a way of changing the name back to original somehow?

Thanks for any help!

:)

Michele Bannister, Sep 9, 2020

2. User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Sep 9, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Turned Hard Drive into Music folder

• Create a folder on the D drive and name it 'Music'
    • Move all the files and folders that should be in the Music folder into this new folder
    • Then in Quick Access, right click the Windows Music Library, select Properties
    • Then on the location Tab, set its location to the new 'Music' folder
    • When asked if you want to merge contents - Select 'No'
    • Click 'Apply' and 'OK'

If you want you can leave the music folder on the D Drive, or you can then click 'Restore Default' to move it back onto the C Drive

If needs be for the Documents folder, you can perform the same operation by creating a new Documents folder on the D Drive

NOTE: the important step is (5) do not merge the contents . . .

DaveM121, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name

1. Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name - Similar Threads - Unlinking account drive

2. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  3. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  4. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  5. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  6. MS One Drive creates a DropBox Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS One Drive creates a DropBox Folder: I had Dropbox installed and then uninstalled it. MS One Drive is in the StartUp list when the system boots. MS One Drive causes a Dropbox folder to be created everytime the system boots up. Why and how do I fix this?...
  7. unlinking one drive

unlinking one drive: If I unlink one drive to my computer where can I save my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlinking-one-drive/3f5584e5-316f-458c-b176-e6d5405b2d26"
  8. One Drive folders

One Drive folders: Hi everyone. I asked this yesterday and was told the only option is to move everything to the one drive folder. But there's got to be a better way. How can I have files on my PC automatically upload to one drive without moving them to the one drive folder?...
  9. how to create a shared folder in one drive

how to create a shared folder in one drive: Hi May i know how to create a shared folder in one drive. Kindly help. Thank you Michelle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-shared-folder-in-one-drive/7ee7a50f-e140-40f4-bd15-316cfae21dc2"
  10. Ms one drive and new pc name.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms one drive and new pc name.: Changed pc name, and removed old pc name from one drive web page. Now it does not show any pc's. How do I get new pc name on one drive page. Henry Ps I did unlink one drive on pc and reinstalled one drive. 75300