Windows 10: Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files

Discus and support Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was reassured my files would remain if I unlinked my PC from one drive, but now all things in all file locations have been replaced with "Shortcut to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by O. B. H., Feb 12, 2024.

1. O. B. H. Win User

Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files

I was reassured my files would remain if I unlinked my PC from one drive, but now all things in all file locations have been replaced with "Shortcut to X OneDrive - Personal" and I cannot open that. How do I get my files back and permanently get rid of one drive. ***** moved from german to english Community *****

:)

O. B. H., Feb 12, 2024

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Can't get rid of a drive

I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC".

How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time.

ScottPlummer, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files

unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files

1. Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files - Similar Threads - Unlinking drive got

2. Cannot Unsync One Drive From My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Unsync One Drive From My PC: I am trying to unsync the One Drive from My PC. however will not unsync.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-unsync-one-drive-from-my-pc/8cd0d83a-bf70-4329-b0a8-15983351d62e
  3. If I delete files from one drive and or my windows 10 pc even from one drive and or do a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I delete files from one drive and or my windows 10 pc even from one drive and or do a...: If I delete files from one drive and or my windows 10 pc even from one drive and or do a full system restore is it totally deleted from one drive windows pc and everywhere on Earth !?!...
  4. sharing a One Drive file from my office PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing a One Drive file from my office PC: I am trying to share above. Want those i share the file with who are in my office to be able to read and modify the file. i opened one drive on my pc found file not folder right clicked file name drop down give access to > specific people> choose people to share with...
  5. Unlink my microsoft account from my w10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlink my microsoft account from my w10 pc: I want to unlink my microsoft acc. from my pc but before i do this process, i need to ask that, after the unlink process Do i lose my personal files like videos, photos, softwares, programs, files on my desktop? I mean everything stays where they are,right? I dont wanna lose...
  6. Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of One Drive from my laptop!: Hi All, Am at my wits end. Bought a new laptop and was dreading going through the whole re-install all my software thing, but it has been a breeze with everything except One Drive... Which I did not ask for, do not want, and can't get rid of. I can't use my email on this...
  7. unlink my cell phone from my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unlink my cell phone from my pc: how can I unlink my android phone from my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-my-cell-phone-from-my-pc/752f3515-5677-4d44-aabd-62cbe7f9f350
  8. Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name

Unlinking my account from one drive created new one drive folder name: Hi, Yesterday I had problems with syncing my one drive and I unlinked my PC. I then added it again and synced the files from one drive to my PC, which includes shared files within my company. This has now created like a second copy of the original one drive folder in my...
  9. unlinking one drive

unlinking one drive: If I unlink one drive to my computer where can I save my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlinking-one-drive/3f5584e5-316f-458c-b176-e6d5405b2d26"
  10. Duplication of one drive files onto my PC

Duplication of one drive files onto my PC: I have two drives on my PC, the D: drive where I keep all photos and documents and is 2TB and a much smaller SSD drive for applications. Unfortunately the files that are synced to One Drive from the D drive are then being duplicated onto the C: drive and have used up all the...