Windows 10: Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added

Discus and support Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, My personal email address has been added to a MS account without my permission. I am not sure how this has happened, but I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tjolly1981, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added

Hi there,

My personal email address has been added to a MS account without my permission. I am not sure how this has happened, but I would like to get this removed as soon as I can. It's preventing me from adding my own personal email to my MS account and I worry that it is being misused.

Can you help ?

Thanks in advance!

:)

tjolly1981, Apr 29, 2020

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 29, 2020
  3. adding family to MS account - win 10

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the detailed information. Let me help you.

It is not possible to create a Microsoft Account using a Gmail email id. I suggest you to create a new Account and associate it with your Microsoft Account. Check if it helps.

To create a Microsoft account

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap
      Settings
      , and then tap Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

• Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click
      Other accounts.

• Tap or click Add an account.

• Enter the account info for this person to sign in to Windows. There are four ways to do this:

• If the person you're adding already has a Microsoft account, enter it now.

• If the person you're adding doesn't have a Microsoft account, you can use their email address to create one. Enter the email address that person uses most frequently.

• If the person you're adding doesn't have an email address, tap or click

• If the person you're adding is a child, tap or click
        Add a child's account.

• Follow the instructions to finish setting up the account.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added

Problem adding a POP3 email account

My apologies, got it working but I'd never dream of using it.
    I have to click this

Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added [​IMG]

then select either my MS account or my POP account before I can view my emails.

It's horrible, it's like a phone app. Thunderbird for me.

Torquemada, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added

1. Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added - Similar Threads - Unlinking personal email

2. "Your account requires attention Someone else has claimed ownership" All my MS accounts are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your account requires attention Someone else has claimed ownership" All my MS accounts are...: This just began popping up recently. Checking my log in activity shows CONTSTANT attempts to access my accounts. I have changed passwords, enabled 2 form ID, I use a VPN. Why do I keep seeing this?...
  3. "Your account requires attention Someone else has claimed ownership" All my MS accounts are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your account requires attention Someone else has claimed ownership" All my MS accounts are...: This just began popping up recently. Checking my log in activity shows CONTSTANT attempts to access my accounts. I have changed passwords, enabled 2 form ID, I use a VPN. Why do I keep seeing this?...
  4. Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop: Hi, I have someone else's email address and some of their data saved on my laptop. I don't know this person but believe it is someone known to my ex partner. How has this happened and what can I do about it?...
  5. Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop

Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop: Hi, I have someone else's email address and some of their data saved on my laptop. I don't know this person but believe it is someone known to my ex partner. How has this happened and what can I do about it?...
  6. Unlinking a work account from personal device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking a work account from personal device: I use 2 personal computers linked to a work Microsoft account and would like to unlink only one computer. Will this unlink my work account from the second computer?...
  7. Unlinking a work account from personal device

Unlinking a work account from personal device: I use 2 personal computers linked to a work Microsoft account and would like to unlink only one computer. Will this unlink my work account from the second computer?...
  8. UNLINKING EMAIL ACCOUNTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNLINKING EMAIL ACCOUNTS: I am going crazy trying to UNLINK my gmail and my Hotmail. I DO NOT want to delete either but that seems to be my only option as what I have read I DO NOT have the option to UNLINK....AND I am NOT getting my gmails or able to send any gmails. I am losing jobs because I can't...
  9. Unlinking Email Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking Email Accounts: Somehow I stumbled into linking my email accounts and now want to unlink them. I've checked a number of sources but can't find the "UNLINK" button. Need help. Thanks...
  10. How to remove someone else's email from my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove someone else's email from my account?: Hello, I recently had a friend over who logged into their Xbox account on my Windows 10 PC. After they left, I went to use Chrome on the same PC, but this happened: [img] This was totally expected, because my Windows account is NOT part of a family. So I went to account...