Windows 10: Unlinking my Windows Account from my Win 10 User ID

Discus and support Unlinking my Windows Account from my Win 10 User ID in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Folks In an abortive attempt to get One Drive to update, (Now abandoned and uninstalled) I foolishly managed to let Microsoft attach my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter_Cuthbert, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Unlinking my Windows Account from my Win 10 User ID

Hi Folks

In an abortive attempt to get One Drive to update, (Now abandoned and uninstalled) I foolishly managed to let Microsoft attach my Microsoft account to my normal user account on the PC. It now forces me to use my Microsoft account login at every boot.

The Microsoft advice is to create a new user and then copy the contents of my old user folder to the new user folder. This (sort of) makes sense except that many of the items in the old user account will not copy even though I am in Administrator mode. Protected files perhaps?

Is there a slicker way to undo my earlier mistake as I have no wish to be password block at every boot up?

Thanks

Pete

:)

Peter_Cuthbert, Sep 20, 2018

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unlinking my Windows Account from my Win 10 User ID :(

Zakin, Sep 20, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Unlinking my Windows Account from my Win 10 User ID

95Viper, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Unlinking my Windows Account from my Win 10 User ID

1. Unlinking my Windows Account from my Win 10 User ID - Similar Threads - Unlinking Account User

2. Unlinking my accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlinking my accounts: How can I unlink my PC and my laptop? My PC is under an email as my laptop was under a different email. Today I decided to do a factory reset on an old laptop and when I signed in, I accidentally used my email that was under my PC leading to both my PC and laptop linking....
  3. Unlinking my accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking my accounts: How can I unlink my PC and my laptop? My PC is under an email as my laptop was under a different email. Today I decided to do a factory reset on an old laptop and when I signed in, I accidentally used my email that was under my PC leading to both my PC and laptop linking....
  4. Unlinking my accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to unlink microsoft account from windows 10 user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink microsoft account from windows 10 user: I accidentally clicked on login on all windows apps and it just kidnapped my administrator perms.I really dont want to reinstall windows because that means losing my data, as the other drives i have "unauthorized perms" to view them and i am the only user in my pcDont have...
  6. How to unlink microsoft account from windows 10 user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink microsoft account from windows 10 user: I accidentally clicked on login on all windows apps and it just kidnapped my administrator perms.I really dont want to reinstall windows because that means losing my data, as the other drives i have "unauthorized perms" to view them and i am the only user in my pcDont have...
  7. How to unlink microsoft account from windows 10 user

8. Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license: Hello everyone My Microsoft account has a windows 10 digital license linked to it, I want to remove it and link another account to the digital license. Is that possible?...
  9. Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license

Unlink my Microsoft account from windows license: Hello everyone My Microsoft account has a windows 10 digital license linked to it, I want to remove it and link another account to the digital license. Is that possible?...
  10. Unlinking my Windows 10 activation from my account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlinking my Windows 10 activation from my account.: Hello. I have windows activated and linked to my account. Is there any possible way to unlink it from my account or linking it to perhaps another Microsoft account?...